Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hello...possibly looking to find the right Z4MR

"M" Specific discussion
TMP

Post by TMP » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:39 am

Beedub wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:30 pm
TMP wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:00 am
Beedub wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:04 pm Attachment to such material objects is not healthy.... attachments in general usual are the route of suffering.

I've owned my car from pretty much new... i adore it truly adore it, but if it ever REALLY needed to go it goes... and i can assure you id be looking for the next car super excited and happy for a new one to come and all the fun that brings, TMP go get your new steed, enjoy the search and don't look back.... it went for a reason and this is not a downgrade route trust me, your saving and getting a car thats going to offer a whole new world of evocative fun, be sad if you sell something you love, for something that costs more and turns out to be worse than what you had.... Then you get sad, lol!
Lol, is that first line a quote from Yoda? :D

I always get like this with when changing cars...am I doing the right thing when changing etc. I made this decision back in January tbh, then I ordered my new daily, and demoted the M2 to weekend in June when it arrived. But yeah, I am coming out the other side and starting to get excited about looking for its replacement. I also agree, I don't see this as a downgrade in terms of driving involvement, in fact its the opposite! But I also want that warm feeling of a car that doesn't really cost anything over the own term - no easy feat. Saying that i will budget for maintenance, and maybe even some key mods (which I enjoy doing).

My dimilma is do i wait for the perfect spec, or do I compromise for a car that is clearly cherished and in great condition.

it appears to be from yoda!!! woiii..... must have been tired yesterday :? :? :? :? .. excuse me if my typing appears to be from a 6 year old at times, but you get the gist !!

Where are you located , maybe some local owners could meet and talk you through the things to look out for.
It was more this part of the film, rather than your typing. I appreciate your views!

Yoda: "These visions you have ..."

Anakin: "They are of pain, suffering ... death."

Yoda: "Careful you must be when sensing the future, Anakin! The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side."

Anakin: "I won't let my visions come true, Master Yoda."
Yoda: "Rejoice for those around us who transform into the Force. Mourn them, do not. Miss them, do not. Attachment leads to jealousy, the shadow of greed, that is."

Anakin: "What must I do, Master Yoda?"

Yoda: "Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."
Well, I have trainered myself to let go of fear and i think I am ok with the M2 going :rofl:

yeah, i was speaking to Harvard about meeting up and seeing what good looks like with his Z4M (which was on my list to seriously consider buying).

I am South Manchester if we have any more owners willing to meet up?

Cheers

TMP

Post by TMP » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 am

Hey guys, still here.

Well, I have driven and rulled out the newer 981 Boxster S. Its a very well balanced, agile and damped car, maybe too good and not quite raw enough. I would have to try a GTS, but they are still north of £50k and i reckon both models will drop lots. makes the Z4M look even better!

Do you have any advice about waiting the right car, or compromising? Not easy finding the right Z4M when i want the car now. But ideally I do want the red interior and a good spec like like upgraded Hifi, beepers bluetooth, even cupholders lol (i think these can be easily retrofitted)

Prestonese

Post by Prestonese » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 pm

I had a Cayman GTS before I bought my Z4MR but I never felt like I could enjoy it because it was too capable and i was too precious about it. I wouldn't really want to track it either. I loved the car to bits though and was almost in tears when I sold it. But I reckon a standard 981 Cayman in manual would be more fun for a lot less money. Worth giving that a try?

PS. I think the Z4M engine is better as well though not quite as sonorous (?!) - the GTS had lots of contrived sounds which gets stale after a while. At least the Z4 noise is genuine.
2007 Z4M Roadster / Ruby black / Red Leather / No Mods

Havard

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:52 am

Prestonese wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 pm I had a Cayman GTS before I bought my Z4MR but I never felt like I could enjoy it because it was too capable and i was too precious about it. I wouldn't really want to track it either. I loved the car to bits though and was almost in tears when I sold it. But I reckon a standard 981 Cayman in manual would be more fun for a lot less money. Worth giving that a try?

PS. I think the Z4M engine is better as well though not quite as sonorous (?!) - the GTS had lots of contrived sounds which gets stale after a while. At least the Z4 noise is genuine.
As a guy who is lucky enough to currently have both, I see exactly where you are coming from. The Porsche is just epic but people probably want an experience that truly genuine, even if the M does have other flaws. At present I love the noise the Porsche makes, it isn't fake, but it is manufactured with use of the buttons and valves. The M is just mental from the moment you start the engine.

Whether I will get bored of the Porsche noise is another matter. It is just different in my mind at present.

H.
ImageImage

TMP

Post by TMP » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Havard wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:52 am
Prestonese wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 pm I had a Cayman GTS before I bought my Z4MR but I never felt like I could enjoy it because it was too capable and i was too precious about it. I wouldn't really want to track it either. I loved the car to bits though and was almost in tears when I sold it. But I reckon a standard 981 Cayman in manual would be more fun for a lot less money. Worth giving that a try?

As a guy who is lucky enough to currently have both, I see exactly where you are coming from. The Porsche is just epic but people probably want an experience that truly genuine, even if the M does have other flaws. At present I love the noise the Porsche makes, it isn't fake, but it is manufactured with use of the buttons and valves. The M is just mental from the moment you start the engine.

Whether I will get bored of the Porsche noise is another matter. It is just different in my mind at present.

H.
The noise from the 981 S was very very good when it got going. felt long geared, but sit above 5k revs and wow! What Cayman did you get?

Havard

Post by Havard » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:57 pm

TMP wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:46 pm
Havard wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:52 am

H.
The noise from the 981 S was very very good when it got going. felt long geared, but sit above 5k revs and wow! What Cayman did you get?
981 Cayman S.

ImageImage