Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Part on top of the steering column?

"M" Specific discussion
JAD

Part on top of the steering column?

Post by JAD » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:31 am

Can anyone tell me what this is? And why mine might not have it? It looks like a microphone, but mine has Bluetooth phone prep (although yet to pair and use it...!);

Terryvision
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Part on top of the steering column?

Post by Terryvision » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 am

Thats the microphone, mine is there! I believe some cars have it up by the rear view mirror, maybe a E85/6 difference :thumbsup:

JAD

Post by JAD » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:26 am

Terryvision wrote:Thats the microphone, mine is there! I believe some cars have it up by the rear view mirror, maybe a E85/6 difference :thumbsup:
Perfect thanks Terry!

DPG
Lifer
Lifer

Post by DPG » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:57 am

Mine is there on the E86

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:59 am

The position of the mic was changed at face lift time.

JAD

Post by JAD » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Feeling pretty stupid. Because the seats are quite low I'd not leant forwards to actually look properly... It is there, just noticed it when leaving the car...

pazaz29

Post by pazaz29 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:08 am

Mine is there on a E85 smg 55 reg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:driving: 55 Reg * z4 3.0 SMG* Silver * Black leather M seats * Xenons * Navigation * Bluetooth * 108 alloys * :rofl:

stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:30 pm

Are you abroad or summat JAD? Looks to be a LHD and km speedo model... Somewhere in Ireland/NI?
Nowt wrong with any of that, of course, just noticed the speedo - sorry, eye for detail, I've been doing a 2,000 piece jigsaw the last couple of days (and, no, its not finished - yet!).
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:37 pm

srhutch wrote:The position of the mic was changed at face lift time.
My last car - 06 facelift - had the mic there. But it also had the convertible hood locking mechanism that was removed. I think as it was a Feb 06 build it still had some of the pre-facelift bits. Weird that, maybe they had a bin of stuff they needed to get rid of :?

However I have only just realised it's missing from my current Z because of this post. Mr Observant :lol: :oops:
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

JAD

Post by JAD » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:36 am

stevo///m3 wrote:Are you abroad or summat JAD? Looks to be a LHD and km speedo model... Somewhere in Ireland/NI?
Nowt wrong with any of that, of course, just noticed the speedo - sorry, eye for detail, I've been doing a 2,000 piece jigsaw the last couple of days (and, no, its not finished - yet!).
Stevo
Hi Stevo, no no, just an image off the web to show the part of noticed in other cars but not mine. Turns out I'm just going blind!!