Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Insurance time again ///M

"M" Specific discussion
Sae

Re: Insurance time again ///M

Post by Sae » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Sounds like it's just insurance companies banking on customer lethargy, I learned the same thing with admiral this year but they did give the best deal after all requoted and done, best just wipe the slate clean and then go with the best offer for your circumstances.

I stuck with admiral even though they won't pay out on mods and don't include track days, but that's not as critical as the premium right now.

Enjoy the vino :thumbsup:
Z4MCoupe Sapphire Black

paulgs1000
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paulgs1000 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Sae wrote:Sounds like it's just insurance companies banking on customer lethargy, I learned the same thing with admiral this year but they did give the best deal after all requoted and done, best just wipe the slate clean and then go with the best offer for your circumstances.
It is indeed called 'customer apathy' in the trade and they literally 'bank' on it to fleece money out of customers. Sending an inflated renewal cost in the hope that customers will simply renew. It's dreadful. I've complained many times and the response is that's the way the system works - you're expected to search each year for a lower quote. What a waste of my time and efforts. There must be a market for a company that treats it's long term customers to loyalty benefits?

:driving: :thumbsup:
Now Porsche flat 6 experience, 986S & 981S.
2006 Z4MR Imola Red/Imola Red, 2008 3.0si Sport Stratus Grey/Piano black, 2006 2.0I Sport Silver Grey Facelift. MX5, TVR Chimaera, many motorbikes.

Singh111s

Post by Singh111s » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:14 am

I'm with Elephant, a subsidiary of Admiral, I believe.

I use quidco and they've got an insurance comparison section. These throw up the same results as the others (usually) but with cash back. I managed to nab £30 back the previous year and so thought I'd give them another try. Swiftcover came in at £680 with cash back of around £25 on top. I called elephant to see if they could better this only to be told that their underwriting team hadn't yet calculated the premium (I like to get insurance sorted early so this was about 3 weeks before it was up). Decided to stop faffing and just take the Swiftcover policy.

Elephant renewal comes through at £780 (which was a £50 reduction on the previous year, so not bad) and I call up to cancel the auto-renew as I'd already sorted cover with Swiftcover. Bloke on the phone asked me what I had purchased and I vaguely mentioned "not much more over £600 and so based on your quote there's no way you can match it... Please just cancel the auto-renew".

He offered me £610 and that was the best he could do. :o I cancelled the Swifcover policy in the cooling off period and I'm happy with the saving. I still find it a bit shocking to see them jump from £780 to £610 in 5 minutes.

All insurance companies do this as already mentioned. I don't take it personally. It's just business.

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Post by original guvnor » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 pm

Just had my Classicline renewal through Daz. They've quoted me £400 but I've just checked the comparison sites and the first site I've tried has More Than and Swiftcover at £270. So, a call to Classicline is planned for Monday morning!!

Talksthetorque

Post by Talksthetorque » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:52 pm

I had this argument with a broker once, they said they just send out the insurance company renewal, and if it's not good enough then you ring to ask to improve or cancel, and that's when they go to work. Not this time you don't. Goodbye Mr Flux.

Darren Slone
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Darren Slone » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:34 am

In the end Admiral came up trumps on a multicar policy, saved swmbo £300 on hers and I ended up at £260 ish for the ///M :thumbsup: happy with that

Current Porsche Cayman S 987.1

Now sold - Imola Z4MC

Now sold - Silver Grey Z4MC
OEM CSL’s, Supersprint, Gruppe M, Eibachs, Carbon Roof, carbon rear spoiler,,

Now sold - My other Z
‘71 Datsun 240Z imported from West Coast USA

goon

Post by goon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Mine was due with swift,they quoted £421 got it at £264 from aa,now all I need is mot and tax. Expensive month.