Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Headlight wanted

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm after a passenger side headlight for my 03 Z4 if anyone has one
Light
Light
image.jpeg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 607 times
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (98.01 KiB) Viewed 607 times

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Headlight wanted

Post by mr wilks » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:01 pm

Simon Blythe wrote:I'm after a passenger side headlight for my 03 Z4 if anyone has one

image.jpeg
Due to the misting ?
If you are garaging the car then you may find that disappears in time ? also check the back cover is on right + if the car has stood for a while before you bought then try keeping the lights on whenever the car is in use to dry out the moisture :thumbsup:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:43 pm

Unfortunately not, the light doesn't work. The side light is fine so I'm assuming the bulb or ballast has failed

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Headlight wanted

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:51 pm

I'd advocate doing some left to right side swapping of ballasts, bulbs and ignitor to see what's broken. Will be way cheaper than a new light which you have very slim chance off picking up a NS, silver inner second hand, unless you can wait and wait...
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:36 pm

That's actually damn good advice - should have thought of that!! I take it ballast and igniter are easily identifiable?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Headlight wanted

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Simon Blythe wrote:That's actually damn good advice - should have thought of that!! I take it ballast and igniter are easily identifiable?
Yes but bumper and lights off to get to the ballast
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Haha I knew it!!

Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Actually if anyone has a pair then I'd be interested in them too - I appreciate that people are unlikely to split a set

Simon Blythe

Headlight wanted

Post by Simon Blythe » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:30 am

Sorted :thumbsup: