Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Z4 Heated Seat Wiring loom (Retro - Fit Kit)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Hi All

I recently took on updating the interior in my car going from standard seats to heated electric M-Sport seats. To do this I used the X3 wiring loom recommended by Fishy Dave.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=83970

And the kit itself:

https://www.ecstuning.com/Search/SiteSe ... /ES159521/

The kit is only available in the USA & as delivery was so expensive ($80), I figured I would import 3 additional looms to potentially split the cost of this delivery 4 ways.

So, after cost, delivery, Duty and VAT (at the rather wonderful exchange rate of $1.18 to £1) these worked out at £55.87 each! This is all I'm asking for (Add £2.50 for Hermes delivery please).

It would cost you over £100 to import one of these individually (assuming you also got stung for Duty & VAT). There is zero profit in this for me. I will be putting them up on eBay too (with an additional 10% to try to make back the fees I will need to pay).

Included will be the retrofit instructions and I can even extend the earth wires as required to fit straight into your car.

BMW Z4 2006 2.5SI - 437M Wheels - Strut Brace - H&R ARBs
3.0si Brake Conversion - Custom Nappa Sport Interior - Z4M Bumper+Bonnet -
BC Racing BR Coilovers - AFE Stage 2

Rich61

Post by Rich61 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi there i would like one please.
Thanks Rich

Rich61

Post by Rich61 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Payment Sent.
Thanks

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:02 pm

Delivery on its way :thumbsup:

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:27 pm

One left and these are no longer available from ECS Tuning :tumbleweed:

davros

Post by davros » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi Darkangelv2,
I would like 1 of these if it they are still available.
Thanks Dave
3.0i E85 Sterling Grey, Infinitas supercharger, Aero sills, xenons, pro hi-fi with dsp & nav, power fold mirrors. B12 kit, Eisenmann backbox, //M-Sport Seats, carbon dash, cruise and more mods in near future...... :)

davros

Post by davros » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:56 pm

Hi Darkangelv2,
Payment sent.
Cheers,
Dave
3.0i E85 Sterling Grey, Infinitas supercharger, Aero sills, xenons, pro hi-fi with dsp & nav, power fold mirrors. B12 kit, Eisenmann backbox, //M-Sport Seats, carbon dash, cruise and more mods in near future...... :)

funksta

Post by funksta » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi Davros , I'm Peter (funksta) . I was enquiring about the heated seat retro fit loom you bought . If you did not use it or did not need it . I would be interested in buying it, as I have bought some M sport heated electric seats but like yourself was not wired up for heated seats . If they're not for sale all good mate I was just enquiring . Cheers Peter
E85 SE 3.0 Auto Black - Remap -Sprint Booster- Strut Brace - Stubby - DLV Back Box Mod - Black 108's - Black Grilles - Parrot Hands Free - Diffuser - Matched rear lights -Sports Seats - Z4M Steering wheel - Angel eyes mod - Led side and fog lights.

davros

Post by davros » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Hi Peter, sorry mate but I've just picked-up some nice heated / electric E46 M seats and hope to fit them and the wiring loom in the next week or so. Just need to pluck up the courage. I think the wiring loom might be present on some pre-facelift cars. It wasn't on mine, but hopefully yours has the loom already present.
All the best, Dave

IRD

Post by IRD » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Hope you don't mind me butting in. I have just purchased this part and fitted some MSport seats. Mine came from a BMW dealer in Vilnius, Lithuania (Krista Auto Vilnius) and cost about £47.00 delivered. Try www.autodalys.it. I found it by putting the part number (61110307620) into Google and searching. I ordered on the Wednesday, paid with PayPal and the loom arrived by the weekend. Hope this helps. Fishy Dave has written a really helpful thread on installation.

Darkangelv2

Post by Darkangelv2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Not at all IRD :thumbsup:

Good to keep a record of resources available. Does seem stock of this part is in limited pockets as it's no longer produced.

I couldn't find any in Europe when i looked but must admit i may not have taken on attempting to purchase from a Lithuanian dealer! :D

Glad you got hold of it. Fishy Dave's and MrPT's guides were immense to getting this done!

IRD

Post by IRD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:23 pm

Without forum help I would never have got the job completed. MrPT's wiring guide was invaluable. Just remember that it is for left hand drive cars. When it refers to driver's side it means the left hand side. The auto electrician who fitted my seats had the driver's seat linked to the left side of the panel and the passenger seat to the right hand side. It was a quick job to switch them over. The same happened to Marlon when he had his seats fitted. Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly.

Fishy Dave

Post by Fishy Dave » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:48 pm

IRD wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:23 pm The auto electrician who fitted my seats had the driver's seat linked to the left side of the panel and the passenger seat to the right hand side. It was a quick job to switch them over. The same happened to Marlon when he had his seats fitted.
I take the blame for this, it was me who labelled up the loom for Marlon. I realised what I'd done when I went to fit mine and had no problems but by then Marlon had received the loom from me. :oops:
Corvette C6
Mazda RX-8 race car
Now sold: Z4M Roadster, the best all round car I have owned.

IRD

Post by IRD » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi Dave

It wasn't really a problem. it only took a few minutes to make everything work properly. Without help from you and MrPT I wouldn't have known where to start. Plus the help from Marlon. However, it really was worth the trouble. The seats are much more comfortable than tha SE ones and it's lovely to have some heat on your back when the top is down and it is cooler in an evening.

-banned-

Post by -banned- » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:24 pm

IRD wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:01 pm Hope you don't mind me butting in. I have just purchased this part and fitted some MSport seats. Mine came from a BMW dealer in Vilnius, Lithuania (Krista Auto Vilnius) and cost about £47.00 delivered. Try www.autodalys.it. I found it by putting the part number (61110307620) into Google and searching. I ordered on the Wednesday, paid with PayPal and the loom arrived by the weekend. Hope this helps. Fishy Dave has written a really helpful thread on installation.
Same in uk ,you can by loom at any local bmw dealer :lol:
Z4m coupe :driving: