Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS Aero Skirts (new, unused)

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:50 pm

Bought these in the spring direct from BMW (primed but not painted) but have spent the summer procrastinating about whether I actually like them or not and have finally concluded that I prefer the look without them, so offering them for sale.

Unused (haven't even taken them out if the box), genuine BMW, primed ready to be painted. Paid just over £400 for them, so will offer them at £400 collected. If you want them delivered, I can give you box dimensions and you can get a quote online.

Based in North Hampshire. You'll need something bigger than a zed to pick them up :-)

Stu
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

faz_b

Post by faz_b » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:20 pm

PM sent! :)
Black '07 3.0si manual / aero skirts / matt black 19" Hub alloys / black grill / ZHP / piano black trim / Red leather sport seats

faz_b

Post by faz_b » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 pm

aaaannnnddd.... they're mine! :D

Just have to get my arse back to blighty now. I'm almost amused that I bought a car...used it for a month... then buggered off abroad for four months for work!

still... something to look forward to when I get back :)
Black '07 3.0si manual / aero skirts / matt black 19" Hub alloys / black grill / ZHP / piano black trim / Red leather sport seats

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:12 pm

Nice one, they will certainly transform the look of your zed :thumbsup:
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

faz_b

Post by faz_b » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Swiftly wrote:Nice one, they will certainly transform the look of your zed :thumbsup:
100% agree. I've noticed a fair number of people find them expensive on the basis that they are quite subtle compared to other skirts, but for me that is the point, they make up one of those important pieces where the whole car can be greater than the sum of its parts.

It will be nice to come home from the desert to have a few new items waiting to install. I am considering a 1m type front bumper at the moment as well as a set of these wheels:

They're called zito deepstars. not seen them on a Z before so should come out with a relatively unique look :)

Swiftly
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Swiftly » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:23 pm

Like the look of the wheels, not seen them before. It will be interesting to see what they look like on your zed
Replacement, G29 Z4 M40i Lci in Alpine White :wub:
Gone G29 Z4 M40i in San Francisco Red
Gone F22 M240i auto coupe in Estoril Blue
Gone 2007 E85 3.0si Sport in Silver Grey,

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 pm

faz_b wrote:
Swiftly wrote:Nice one, they will certainly transform the look of your zed :thumbsup:
100% agree. I've noticed a fair number of people find them expensive on the basis that they are quite subtle compared to other skirts, but for me that is the point, they make up one of those important pieces where the whole car can be greater than the sum of its parts.

It will be nice to come home from the desert to have a few new items waiting to install. I am considering a 1m type front bumper at the moment as well as a set of these wheels:

They're called zito deepstars. not seen them on a Z before so should come out with a relatively unique look :)
I've also been looking at that 1M bumper too - I think it looks awesome.

Not sure on those wheels though, would be more tempted at going for some old school BMW Motorsport alloys if you're after that sort of look.
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

faz_b

Post by faz_b » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Moheddine wrote:
faz_b wrote:

I've also been looking at that 1M bumper too - I think it looks awesome.

Not sure on those wheels though, would be more tempted at going for some old school BMW Motorsport alloys if you're after that sort of look.
Truth be told I am struggling with the wheels a little bit. The zitos above are one of about 7 or 8 options I have on my list. My ideal wheels would be Morr VS8.2's but I can't afford to pay $4000 for a set of wheels plus import and shipping!! :cry:

Because of the z4's somewhat unique shape (both flowy and angular simutaneously) plus that long bonnet and set back cabin, finding wheels that both suit the car and havent already been done to death is not easy really.

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:15 pm

What 1M bumper are you guys looking at, the duraflex versions?

faz_b

Post by faz_b » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:16 pm

JINGLE wrote:What 1M bumper are you guys looking at, the duraflex versions?
yup. Although I looked again late last night and realised how much it would be when the shipping is considered as well. I dont know of a UK seller so it looks as though I may have to take a pass on it. works out around £1000 + customs duty when the shipping is considered. If I find a UK source then great, if not, then will have to consider alternatives :?

Rally

Post by Rally » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:25 pm

Looked into a 1m bumper price and notoriously poor fitment put me off.
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

stujeffrey

Post by stujeffrey » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Are these still for sale? If so I am interested
BMW Z4 M Coupe / 2006 / Interlagos Blue
Eibach Springs / Gruppe M / Powervalve BCS exhaust / Carbon rear lip spoiler / ZHP / PSS

GONE: Porsche 997.1 Carrera S Convertible
GONE: Porsche 987.1 Box S
GONE: BMW 118d M Sport

Worcester_spoon

Post by Worcester_spoon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:18 pm

stujeffrey wrote:Are these still for sale? If so I am interested
Sorry, sold.
03 Z4R 3.0i/Silver/custom quad/330d brake upgrade/LSD/G-Power supercharger/FIC 365cc injectors/Severn Tuning map

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:58 pm

Rally wrote:Looked into a 1m bumper price and notoriously poor fitment put me off.
Also looked into it as the front bumper is the only thing I havnt changed and wanted something different.... lots of reviews saying poor fitment etc sadly :(