Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

WANTED: Aluminum dash and console trims

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:01 pm

As per subject title, I'm after some unmarked, mint condition aluminium dash and console trims.

So if any of you folks out there who have swapped out your ally for piano black and have your old one's gathering dust, let me know.

Thanks
Z4C 3.0si Sport 2008 | Alpine White | Black CSL'ish 19's

bony_13

Post by bony_13 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 pm

I have a set, I will post some pictures in the next couple of days when I get chance.

I wouldn't say they are mint condition, these cars a getting old now and I'd be wary of anyone saying otherwise (unless removed from a garage queen of course).

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:54 pm

Wylie1 wrote:As per subject title, I'm after some unmarked, mint condition aluminium dash and console trims.

So if any of you folks out there who have swapped out your ally for piano black and have your old one's gathering dust, let me know.

Thanks

Do you have any trims to exchange? I have a mint set I'd swap for something else
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:06 pm

bony_13 wrote:I have a set, I will post some pictures in the next couple of days when I get chance.

I wouldn't say they are mint condition, these cars a getting old now and I'd be wary of anyone saying otherwise (unless removed from a garage queen of course).
Thanks Bony! Would appreciate that.

Perhaps I am being a bit optimistic, but none of my daily driver/ family carriers have ever had marks on the dash, and that's with kids clambering around inside! Maybe it's just not a very durable finish, but I have similar (although not as much in terms of area) in the missus's X1 and again no marks whatsoever there???

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:12 pm

jamie_z4 wrote:
Wylie1 wrote:As per subject title, I'm after some unmarked, mint condition aluminium dash and console trims.

Thanks

Do you have any trims to exchange? I have a mint set I'd swap for something else
Hi Jamie,

I have ally trims fitted in the car now, so none spare as such. The dash panel has a mark in front of the passenger and the console has marks probably from a wrist watch buckle.

Plenty on eBay with light marks but I have OCD!!! I'd be happy to sort out something so you end up with a set suitable for whatever you have planned???

Cheers,
Lee

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Ahh okay lee, I think mine might have one or two scratches on the trim around the handbrake but I imagine it'll be difficult finding this particular trim without scratches in that area from the seatbelt buckle but you never know!

Cheers

Jamie
18 Z4s owned to date.

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:45 pm

jamie_z4 wrote:Ahh okay lee, I think mine might have one or two scratches on the trim around the handbrake but I imagine it'll be difficult finding this particular trim without scratches in that area from the seatbelt buckle but you never know!

Cheers

Jamie
Is the main dash panel unmarked Jamie?

If you're up for selling, would you be able to post up some pics or I could pm you my email address???

Thanks

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:56 am

Wylie1 wrote:
jamie_z4 wrote:Ahh okay lee, I think mine might have one or two scratches on the trim around the handbrake but I imagine it'll be difficult finding this particular trim without scratches in that area from the seatbelt buckle but you never know!

Cheers

Jamie
Is the main dash panel unmarked Jamie?

If you're up for selling, would you be able to post up some pics or I could pm you my email address???

Thanks
Absolutley - i will get some for you ASAP as its in the bodyshop at the moment :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Wylie1

Post by Wylie1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Seems this is a bigger ask than I imagined! Still looking!

:tumbleweed: