Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Gaptech group buy!

Buying and selling Z4 related goods (private sales only, no traders)
GingerNinja

Re: Gaptech group buy!

Post by GingerNinja » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 am

Mine arrived this morning, just in time for the snow LOL :D
Never take life too seriously, nobody ever gets out alive!
2007 3.0si Roadster, Stratus Grey, Dream Red Leather, 18" mv2's in Anthracite & a huge stupid grin :-P

allanhelen

Post by allanhelen » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 pm

Saw this at the last minute and have ordered one too!

Cars been covered up in the garage since November so fitting this will give me an excuse to unwrap it!
Last edited by allanhelen on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAD

Post by JAD » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Moheddine wrote:
JAD wrote:
Moheddine wrote:For people wanting to collect from me to save a fiver, please PM me. Cheers
Fella I'm on my hols at the present time. Could I still buy with your group buy tag when I get back (week Sunday) and meet you at Victoria station?

Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Jamie

Sorry pal, I've already placed my order now so you are too late for the postage saving; but you can still buy one now/when your back from hols at the same discounted price that the others got.

In the message box on PayPal just write something like Moheddine group buy. Total inc. delivery to your house is £100.98.
Not an issue for the sake of a fiver. Thanks my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:05 pm

soooooo, now we all have a cool new gadget that means we can use our key fobs to open the roof from a distance, what/how do you replace/upgrade your key fob?

what i mean is, i saw a thread the other day of people complaining there key fobs don't work more than a few yards away...(mine works a good few metres away..... but longer would be better) which is kind of annoying if you want to open your roof from a longer distance away....

guessing this could probably be a battery related issue, old battery has weaker signal maybe. so while replacing the battery would it be better to replace the whole key fob, if so how easy is this does anybody know? if its cheap/easy enough i assume a lot of people would probs want to upgrade the distance there key fobs would activate there brand new Gaptech OTH+ :thumbsup:

Moheddine

Post by Moheddine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:38 pm

I sense a group buy... :?
Heated Red M-Sport Seats|Custom Aero Spoiler|Nav|Cruise|Xenons|Strut Brace|Wind Deflector|Phone|Red Calipers|CSL Reps|Custom Tail Lights|Hardtop|CF Badged|Gaptech RCH+|MKi9200|Intravee

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Moheddine wrote:I sense a group buy... :?
haha a group buy of what tho, genuine BMW fobs?

ive seen a few "blank keys" with fobs etc on ebay but cant see the quality being too good?

my only key fob is a little beat up (few scratches/dents from being dropped i assume) so i want to replace it anyway so was good timing anyway :D

anybody know the best place to get these from and what we will need or is it literally just a replacement case/battery??

Midhurstman

Post by Midhurstman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:30 pm

JINGLE wrote:soooooo, now we all have a cool new gadget that means we can use our key fobs to open the roof from a distance, what/how do you replace/upgrade your key fob?

what i mean is, i saw a thread the other day of people complaining there key fobs don't work more than a few yards away...(mine works a good few metres away..... but longer would be better) which is kind of annoying if you want to open your roof from a longer distance away....

guessing this could probably be a battery related issue, old battery has weaker signal maybe. so while replacing the battery would it be better to replace the whole key fob, if so how easy is this does anybody know? if its cheap/easy enough i assume a lot of people would probs want to upgrade the distance there key fobs would activate there brand new Gaptech OTH+ :thumbsup:

Tried mine out today at about 40 metres and it worked perfectly, that's enough distance for me! The battery in my keyfob was in it when I bought the car a year ago so could be quite old. I will have another go tomorrow, increasing the distance until it doesn't work.

Stuartt

Post by Stuartt » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:52 pm

Mine turned up today along with my MM Tips so I'm going to be a busy boy this weekend :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your organisation Moheddine.
2004 3.0i SE Roadster , GONE to a good home :thumbsup:
2010 e89 35i Sdrive M sport. GONE for salvage :cry: but has been reborn

2014 e89 35is M-Sport Design Pure Traction 😈😈😈

JINGLE

Post by JINGLE » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Midhurstman wrote:
JINGLE wrote:soooooo, now we all have a cool new gadget that means we can use our key fobs to open the roof from a distance, what/how do you replace/upgrade your key fob?

Tried mine out today at about 40 metres and it worked perfectly, that's enough distance for me! The battery in my keyfob was in it when I bought the car a year ago so could be quite old. I will have another go tomorrow, increasing the distance until it doesn't work.
ive not really tried mine properly, but id guess 5-10 metres (i want it re-coded so the lights flash on unlock aswel so that would be easier) but im sure i saw some people complaining they literally have to be a few feet from the car for it to work :/

even if my distance is good, its a little beat up so want a nice new one :D

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:16 pm

Woo Hoo, mine turned up today.

Thanks Moheddine for the group buy :thumbsup: And to mike46 for starting the thread and to terryvision for suggesting a group buy :wink: and thanks to anyone I've forgotten!

Thought it would be a bit bigger though :o

:rofl:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

Midhurstman

Post by Midhurstman » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Stu Boy wrote:Woo Hoo, mine turned up today.

Thanks Moheddine for the group buy :thumbsup: And to mike46 for starting the thread and to terryvision for suggesting a group buy :wink: and thanks to anyone I've forgotten!

Thought it would be a bit bigger though :o

:rofl:
Me too- but it wouldn't fit under the ashtray then, so just as well.

allanhelen

Post by allanhelen » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 pm

Its arrived, today and within 24 hours of sending the payment

You certainly can't complain about the service

Uvaavu

Post by Uvaavu » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Mine arrived this morning, along with 5 Scotchlok connectors I wasn't expecting - have a surplus bag of those arriving tomorrow now. Oh well, good excuse to do some more mods (must resist MFSW....)! :rofl:

Thanks to Gaptech for getting it here in one day and to Moheddine for getting things rolling.

sasker

Post by sasker » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:44 pm

So how have most of you connected these?

I take if nobody is using the crap connectors that came with it!!

I was going to use either 15a or 30a white choc block connectors as will be a more secure connection.

This will split the wires on the loom though to insert the choc block or are people soldering the wires when they split the loom wires in half?
///M 2004 E46 M3 Coupe in Mystic Blue

It's all about the ///M Power

kayjay0_7

Gaptech group buy!

Post by kayjay0_7 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Hard wired mine in today , stripped a bit of insulation off each of the connecting wires on the loom (without cutting through the copper wire), twisted the RCH+ wires to the corresponding wire and soldered them together
Finished off with a bit of insulation tape (would have preferred heat shrink)