Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

The September 2017 Photo Competition – COMMENTS

Post your Z4 pictures! See sticky post at the top for details of the photo competition.
Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm

Ok if its not a render it looks like it has been photoshopped to hell and back it just doesn't look natural, and I hate photoshopped pics anyway. :P

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Boris wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm Ok if its not a render it looks like it has been photoshopped to hell and back it just doesn't look natural, and I hate photoshopped pics anyway. :P
So just to clear up any ambiguity - its not getting your vote then? :D
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm

lol nearly pissed myself laughing there.

I'm afraid none of the photoshopped ones would get my vote, I'm a bit old fashioned there, any image I produce is as it comes out of the camera, I don't mind the odd filter (I use a polarising filter quite a lot myself) but what's the point of changing your image to resemble something completely different I just don't understand the logic, yes it might make it look "better" but its not an image you took, any competition should be photoshop free in my opinion. :fuelfire:

bz4kev

Post by bz4kev » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Boris wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:37 pm lol nearly pissed myself laughing there.

I'm afraid none of the photoshopped ones would get my vote, I'm a bit old fashioned there, any image I produce is as it comes out of the camera, I don't mind the odd filter (I use a polarising filter quite a lot myself) but what's the point of changing your image to resemble something completely different I just don't understand the logic, yes it might make it look "better" but its not an image you took, any competition should be photoshop free in my opinion. :fuelfire:
have to agree DOWN WITH PHOTOSHOP :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :fuelfire:
2004 z4 30i auto Toledo blue stubby Areo front back sideskirts and rear spoiler M/// MFSW DLV exhaust mod mma tips vanos overhaul 108s refurbed ram air scoop E46 M3 heated seats clear rear lights M/// sport black grills

Rally

Post by Rally » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm

The pic was edited in Lightroom to make adjustments to brightness, sharpness, highlights and shadows etc and not using Photoshop it was shot in raw so isn't a finished pic straight out of the camera.
Photography has moved on from the box brownie :evil:
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Rally wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm The pic was edited in Lightroom to make adjustments to brightness, sharpness, highlights and shadows etc and not using Photoshop it was shot in raw so isn't a finished pic straight out of the camera.
I use the word Photoshop as a generic word for image manipulation; whatever program used its still not the image you took (or in-fact someone else took on this occasion) :D .

I agree photography has moved on but photo manipulation is not Photography is it :thumbsdown:

Rally

Post by Rally » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:18 pm

Boris wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm
Rally wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:37 pm The pic was edited in Lightroom to make adjustments to brightness, sharpness, highlights and shadows etc and not using Photoshop it was shot in raw so isn't a finished pic straight out of the camera.
I use the word Photoshop as a generic word for image manipulation; whatever program used its still not the image you took (or in-fact someone else took on this occasion) :D .

I agree photography has moved on but photo manipulation is not Photography is it :thumbsdown:
I did take the pic and let's be honest your camera will never catch what your eye can see and all cameras will take a slightly different pic but I understand your stance.
Imola z4mr, carbon graphite ispiri FFR-6, mpss, gruppem, kw v3, oe strutbrace, aero skirts, schmiedmann carbon splitter, bcs exhaust, dice media, gaptech, F10 zhp & smiles every journey.

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Rally wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:18 pm
Boris wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

I did take the pic and let's be honest your camera will never catch what your eye can see and all cameras will take a slightly different pic but I understand your stance.
Sorry I thought you had said someone else had taken it. :telloff:

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:41 pm

Put my pic in havent got anything recent took this one years ago think I might have entered
it before i cant remember,

And as for you Rally using all that new fangled photovoodooery well thats just very naughty :telloff: :P

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:44 pm

andy.c wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:41 pm And as for you Rally using all that new fangled photovoodooery well thats just very naughty :telloff: :P
I'm pleased you agree :P

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm

I really should enter one this month as it was my suggestion to do something different, but as rally is going to win, not sure I'll bother.

Cracking shot :thumbsup:

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:33 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm I really should enter one this month as it was my suggestion to do something different, but as rally is going to win, not sure I'll bother.

Rally, take it down and then slip it back in on the last day, otherwise it's going to be a one vote option this month !! :P

andy.c

Post by andy.c » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:29 pm

srhutch wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:26 pm I really should enter one this month as it was my suggestion to do something different, but as rally is going to win, not sure I'll bother.

Well Mr Hutch seeing as you got the goalposts changed this month it must be your fault Rally has put up such
a great picture, I think you should definitely put a picture up so you can be a loser as well as me :poke:

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Still waiting for your entry :fingertap: :coffee: :oldman:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Boris

Post by Boris » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:11 pm

mr wilks wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:38 pm

Still waiting for your entry :fingertap: :coffee: :oldman:

What's the point I don't photoshop :(