Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

visually emitting safety tunic for pedestrians (VEST)

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ianto

Post by ianto » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello
I have designed a top that displays the speed limit on stretches of road using a circle of LEDs and a display of the speed limit within the circle of the LEDs (using Arduino/GPS technology). The idea is that children, runners, horse riders, anyone who uses a pavement or a country lane really. It is in its formative stages, but I am undertaking market research to discover what people think of the idea. It was prompted by tragic personal experience and the excessive speeding I see in the area I live, and how ineffective many present traffic calming measures often are. If anyone has any reflections on the concept and the possible uses and pitfalls, they would be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
PS: there is no pecuniary benefit in this for me (it is part of a college project I'm doing)!

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:37 am

Hi, sorry to hear of your sad experience. Most drivers are already aware of the speed limit & I'm not sure this would have any bearing on their speed.
Wearing hi-vis clothing would be more beneficial to safety imho.
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold