Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pink Paper Driving Licence

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Sky-drive

Post by Sky-drive » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 pm

Still proudly got my old paper d/l from when I was a lad.

Saying that ... Ive had to go underground since I got my new credit card sized driving licence and live off-grid so the dastardly DVLA cant track me down ... I reckon its gotta be a better option than prison, right? ;)
Xenons | LED S/lights | CF Trim | Royale SW | ZHP | CDV | AUX | DISA | Vanos Refurb | Cruise | MV2s | Roof motor > boot | K&N | Sound Gen | Interior LEDs | E/H seats | Remapped

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Post by TitanTim » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Sky-drive wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:24 pm Still proudly got my old paper d/l from when I was a lad.

Saying that ... Ive had to go underground since I got my new credit card sized driving licence and live off-grid so the dastardly DVLA cant track me down ... I reckon its gotta be a better option than prison, right? ;)
Maybe we should form a "On the Run from the DVLA Club" :lol:

Tim.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:09 pm

Keep it and if you are ever asked say it must have got lost in the post :)
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Russ59

Post by Russ59 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:23 am

Boris wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:36 pm Make sure all of your entitlements to drive are correct on your new licence before you destroy your old one.
They are notorious for knocking off all the standard stuff us oldies are allowed to drive but new drivers aren't.

My mate even had his motorcycle entitlement taken off, he didn't notice for a while and even though he was able to produce his original motorcycle pass certificate they made him take his test again. :headbang:

I still have my old paper licence, you can check on DVLA website your entitlements, points etc.
Only thing is, entitlements are categorised different between old paper and new card licence.
2005, 3.0l Toledo Blue, sports seats, sports suspension, ZHP, MFSW,4 clear spot rear lights, clear side repeaters and third brake light , 19" AXE EX14 wheels, DIY carbon badges, interior parts gloss black wrapped, rear spoiler

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Paper licences were those new fangled things !
My first licence was a tiny maroon booklet thing about 60mm x 40mm ( from memory ) it had several pages for endorsement stamps.
A pall of mine got banned for speeding and his was returned with two punched holes where it had been hanging up!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

gov

Post by gov » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:36 am

ronk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 pm Paper licences were those new fangled things !
My first licence was a tiny maroon booklet thing about 60mm x 40mm ( from memory ) it had several pages for endorsement stamps.
A pall of mine got banned for speeding and his was returned with two punched holes where it had been hanging up!
I seem to recall I had one of those when I was 18 - like you Tim I still have a pink one ( license that is ) in my 50 odd years of driving never been nicked for anything ( or rather been caught ) and have lived in same house for over 30 years ( so never had to return it to dvla for change of address details )

However next year I reach the big 70 so will have to apply for a new one :(

obewan

Post by obewan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 am

Still got mine, and still in it's plastic wallet - how sad is that? :D
Simialr to Gov, lived in the same house for over 30 years, never nicked (caught)
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport