Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Junction 17 cars!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

RickRob wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:15 pm You should be OK to chargeback on your debit card. I would suggest that, if you have not done so already, you email them and get a delivery receipt and read receipt for the email. It's always an easier chargeback process if you have something in writing.

If you have issues with your bank then please PM me. I work for Visa, although not in the disputes area, and can get some insider knowledge if you need it.

Rick
Cheers Rick appreciate that. I have had a response from Barclays today and they will sort it out and register the debit payment as a "Not Recognised", they are sending me the forms to fill out.
I have also emailed the trading standards and expect them to be in touch in next couple of days. Apart from the problem they caused me I am suspicious about their adverts too. I initially rang them about a particular car I was interested in, and when I described the car they said ah, that one is sold and then talked to me about choosing a different car. A month later I rang them again as the car was still on their ebay and web page as for sale! I thought maybe the deal had fallen through. But was told again, sorry that one is sold!! Strange is said as its still advertised, his response was ah yes we do that for insurance purposes, I think its just to get people to ring, a lead machine maybe?
I have also found out that trading standards have shut them down before.

zedwheels

Junction 17 cars!

Post by zedwheels » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Only this morning I had a phone call from trading standards asking me if I had heard anything from junction 17 as they too had written to them last week and had given them 7 days to respond but I said i hadn't had any contact from them.

Tonight Just checked my bank account and hey presto they have refunded the holding fee!
I hope I have been a right pain in the ar** to them, not only over the holding fee alone but because after reading reviews this seems to be their normal practice. I don't doubt though that they will still do same to others!

I have also noticed tonight that only now have they removed that BMW 135 cabriolet that I first contacted them about, has been removed from their advertisements months after they told me that it had been sold early June. I think the Nottingham trading standards office seen to that part of my complaint.
So, needless to say I wont be talking to them ever again about any car!:) BE WARNED!!:nailbiting: