Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Has anyone ever registered a patent/copyright?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:02 am

The idea came to you passing a Renault on the motorway, self deploying towing eye by any chance? :)
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

shawna

Post by shawna » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Ewazix wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm A friend of mine developed and patented various aspects of the 'Rimblade' wheel protector (not an arse razor as some jibbed), it's now sold all over the world including Wallmart USA and even offered as an oem option in some markets, which all sounds highly lucrative. However he spends a lot of his time and money litigating with everybody from Amazon to Beijing to try and stop the rip-offs that went in to production almost immediately. Unfortunately the copies are 5h1t and have damaged the reputation of the real thing, it's a nightmare TBH.

If I had a bright idea I'd see a patent lawyer and think about flogging/licencing it
Can i have his contact details for marketing it in my territory?

S

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Funny enough as I have a Renault Kadjar for the next few weeks and I'd quite like it if someone could develop the 007 wheel slasher to put it out of its misery..
Brand new and some serious tech on it that BMW should learn about, but it's like piloting a jelly fish

Comedy feature is a lane departure that buzzes in the door on the side of the departure.
My wife thinks the car has a fault as she hasn't worked out what the annoying buzz is :)
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ewazix » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:45 pm

shawna wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 pm
Ewazix wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm A friend of mine developed and patented various aspects of the 'Rimblade' wheel protector (not an arse razor as some jibbed), it's now sold all over the world including Wallmart USA and even offered as an oem option in some markets, which all sounds highly lucrative. However he spends a lot of his time and money litigating with everybody from Amazon to Beijing to try and stop the rip-offs that went in to production almost immediately. Unfortunately the copies are 5h1t and have damaged the reputation of the real thing, it's a nightmare TBH.

If I had a bright idea I'd see a patent lawyer and think about flogging/licencing it
Can i have his contact details for marketing it in my territory?

S
You have PM :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost