Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Opinions wanted...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here

If you buy something which is "not as described" should you bear the cost of returning it?

Yes, it's just one of those things
8%
No, the cost should be borne by the seller
90%
Hell no, and how about some compensation for the hassle (this option added as a joke btw)
3%

Total votes: 39

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 am

ronk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 pm Sadly forum member to member can be a challenge as it's just a private sale.
Hopefully it can be resolved by s call or PM, but not a public trial...
I agree with the "no public trial " but If it's been something naughty or underhanded, do the mods not have any powers to intervene in some way?
What exactly could they do, ask them politely to pay up or they get banned?
Or maybe give them a smacked bottom :lol:
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

Nictrix wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 am
ronk wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 pm
cj10jeeper wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 pm Sadly forum member to member can be a challenge as it's just a private sale.
Hopefully it can be resolved by s call or PM, but not a public trial...
I agree with the "no public trial " but If it's been something naughty or underhanded, do the mods not have any powers to intervene in some way?
What exactly could they do, ask them politely to pay up or they get banned?
Or maybe give them a smacked bottom :lol:
Lol - As I said, I CBA about the money, it's the principle that when dealing with a long-standing and active member (1200+ posts) there is a "given" that items will be accurately described, and any problems dealt with in a fair manner, and that I shouldn't be out of pocket at all if it's not "as described" when received.

Mike
Last edited by Ducklakeview on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by ronk » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:03 am

Yes - just ask them to play by the basic rules like the rest of us!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

GBZ4

Opinions wanted...

Post by GBZ4 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am

You never know, the said forum member with 1200+ posts may well read this thread and have a 'crisis of conscience' and decide to refund your £8.55. :roll:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:34 am

GBZ4 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am You never know, the said forum member with 1200+ posts may well read this thread and have a 'crisis of conscience' and decide to refund your £8.55. :roll:
You never know...

Mike

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by mmm-five » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:39 am

I know this is a private seller and not a business, but would still assume the 'rules' apply.

At least a business should be aware of the Consumer Contracts Regulations (formerly the Distance Selling Regulations), and where/when they can refuse a refund of return postage (e.g. you are not entitled to a refund on return postage if you simply change your mind).
CCR/DSR wrote: The seller's terms and conditions or returns policy should state who pays the cost of returning an item.

If they don't state this, then the seller has to cover the cost.

In this case, you're entitled to a refund of the total amount you paid, including costs to ship the item to you, and the fee to return the item. No admin or restocking fees should be charged.
However...
CCR/DSR wrote:Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty (or materially not as described).
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:44 am

That's what he was trying to imply, however it wasn't the case. Had the item been as described, I would have happily kept it!

Mike

GBZ4

Opinions wanted...

Post by GBZ4 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 am

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:34 am
GBZ4 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:33 am You never know, the said forum member with 1200+ posts may well read this thread and have a 'crisis of conscience' and decide to refund your £8.55. :roll:
You never know...

Mike
Hi Mike,

Looks like my faith in human nature has been misplaced once more. I was hoping this thread would prick his conscience :rcard:
2016 E89 18i Roadster - gone and forgotten

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:38 am

:thumbsdown:

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Opinions wanted...

Post by TitanTim » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 am

Ebay, great when it works but a pain when it doesn't.

I recently bought a BMW bonnet roundel for the 140i, less than a year old and it had started corroding :x I thought I would get the dealer to replace it under warranty but I just couldn't be having with booking the car in and them levering the old one off with a screwdriver and probably causing damage. I bought one off ebay described as genuine and new in its packaging. It was a tenner less than the dealer price so paid £24.99. It arrived and was scuffed around the edge and a bit beaten up. Contacted the seller who said send it back at my cost. I sent it back but didn't use any proof of posting service as thought it shouldn't be an issue. A few weeks passed and heard nothing so contacted the seller who claims they never received it back. Ebay haven't been much help and they say they need proof of posting as its my word against the sellers. pain in the arse at the end of the day. Ended up going to the dealer and getting one for another 35 quid :x

Tim.