Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car sale ...paypal?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
85genius

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by 85genius » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:32 am

mr.tourette wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:40 am Ok..all noted, thanks for the advice...I will tell him bacs or cash or no deal...actually Im just going to cancel it and bite the listing fees...really cant be arsed with selling a car this way..it can go off to the auction house next year once Ive tucked a bit more cash away :headbang: :headbang:

thanks again for all the input :thumbsup:
Don't even need to take a hit on the fees mate! You can cancel the sale in ebay it will credit all the fees to your account, but like I mentioned you can "second chance offer" the car to any of the other guys who put a bid in so theres a decent chance there will be one who still wants it and isn't a scammer
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:36 am

mr.tourette wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:40 am Ok..all noted, thanks for the advice...I will tell him bacs or cash or no deal...actually Im just going to cancel it and bite the listing fees...really cant be arsed with selling a car this way..it can go off to the auction house next year once Ive tucked a bit more cash away :headbang: :headbang:

thanks again for all the input :thumbsup:
Just cancel the sale and request a fee credit.

Mike

shawna

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by shawna » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:46 am

I had a friend who was paid by PAYPAL and then the buyer made a claim saying that he never recieved the goods and paypal took all the money back.

Small courts now but a good hassle and stress for nothing.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by mr wilks » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:43 pm

shawna wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:46 am I had a friend who was paid by PAYPAL and then the buyer made a claim saying that he never recieved the goods and paypal took all the money back.

Small courts now but a good hassle and stress for nothing.
I know a similar tale of woe :cry: Manchester guy sold a set of Kahn 22inch wheels+tyres for a RRSport via Ebay / Paypal £1400 to a fella supposedly in London .
Buyer said he was arranging courier to collect & promptly paid the £1400 , day later white van turns up to collect the wheels & all good :) for 7 days until the buyer then asks PP for his money back as he had not received any wheels & the seller had zero written or email proof of the courier collecting :cry:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by MACK » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:02 pm

I didn't know you could transfer funds from a credit card to your own bank, if this is true for virtually any credit card then ask him to do it this way and explain your reasons. If he wont them walk away would be my advice now having read this and been educated a bit more on it. At least if he sends it to his own account then any charge back situation would be against himself so pointless. Once the funds are in his account and then transferred to you, the credit card is out of the equation (I think) and the cleared funds are bank account to bank account and not reclaimable as I understand it without your permission.
The whole collection company thing like others have said is worrying, especially on a £1,000 car when you think how much that is costing him.
But it is still possible he is just someone wanting to use a credit card who doesn't know he can transfer funds to his own bank account (like I didn't!)
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Ive told him bacs or cash..if he wont entertain those options then Ill cancel the offer...he has gone unsurprisingly quiet since :D
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by Nictrix » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 pm

When transferring money from a credit card to your bank account is quite expensive though.
Im sure the interest/charge rates are higher than a normal cc purchase.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Nictrix wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 pm When transferring money from a credit card to your bank account is quite expensive though.
Depends on the card, I once transferred £15k from a cap one 0% card, for a car purchase, it was in my bank within 2 hours, and there were no charges.

Mike

srhutch

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by srhutch » Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Too much risk in my view. Bank transfer would be my only option.

As above most cars will let you transfer cash to current acccount.

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by sticky » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 pm
Nictrix wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:06 pm When transferring money from a credit card to your bank account is quite expensive though.
Depends on the card, I once transferred £15k from a cap one 0% card, for a car purchase, it was in my bank within 2 hours, and there were no charges.

Mike
Because you already paid the fee when loading your card

r0bb0

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by r0bb0 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:40 pm

Let's be honest, if you really want to buy as car you turn up look at it then make an off ER cash or bank transfer if not then walk on imho

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Car sale ...paypal?

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:58 pm

sticky wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:23 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 pm

Mike
Because you already paid the fee when loading your card
No, it was a credit card, not a prepaid one, I then had 2 yrs interest free to pay it back, worked out much cheaper than the dealer finance.

Mike