Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Porsche 'open drive' - doesn't have to be a Porsche

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
groovy_hippy

Post by groovy_hippy » Mon May 29, 2017 10:38 am

Hello everyone, just thought I'd put this out there as I did a similar day a while back, but not many people know Porsche do this...
http://www.porsche.com/silverstone/en/e ... pen-drive/

The other half is a Porker fan (I just can't get him out of it....) so gets to know about these things. It's really good - half a day around Porsche's track at Silverstone in your own car with a Porsche instructor. They let you go on the skid-pan too (great fun, and it's a water one so you don't wreck your tyres). When I went a while back, Vicki Butler-Henderson was there doing a talk and there were all sorts of cars there. Didn't seem to be any 'you're not in a Porsche!' snobbery either :)

:thumbsup:
Current ... 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport | Manual | Alpine White | Black leather | Piano black dash
Intro to Zeds, now sold... 2007 Z4 2.5i SE Roadster | Manual | Stratus Grey | Red Leather | CDV delete | DLV backbox

Vonlipvig

Post by Vonlipvig » Tue May 30, 2017 8:58 am

That looks brilliant, have never been on a track and this would be ideal to learn how the car behaves a bit more, good shout :thumbsup:
2009 Sapphire Black 23i