Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Amazing weather.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Amazing weather.

Post by buzyg » Sat May 27, 2017 1:52 am

Has any one else witnessed the weather over SW England right now. The past hour has been just incredible to watch and listen to and feel? From a beautiful star lit evening around 11pm, the sky turned to the dark side. Then around 12:30 my attention was draw to several small flashes on the horizon, or so I thought. My son and I ventured into the back garden to be treated by the truly most amazing lightning show I have seen and probably will ever see. So much pent up fury unleashed bolt after bolt. The sky like a bright summers day for fleeting moments, between the sinister inky blackness of the storm covered night sky. The air filled with the tumuntuous sound of continuous thunder boom after boom. I lie here now. The remnants of charged light still flicking at the windows the thunder grumbling as it travels westward into the distance, frankly aw struck at nature s power. That one will live on in the memory for ever. 8)

Yorkie Z

Amazing weather.

Post by Yorkie Z » Sat May 27, 2017 3:17 am

It was truly Amazing, I've never seen anything like it in my life. The lightning was like a strobe light!!

3am now and I can't get back to sleep.
A Dirty M///

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by enzed4 » Sat May 27, 2017 4:12 am

Used to experience it regularly when I was based in Singapore - as you say, the power of nature is truly spectacular and awe inspiring - can make you feel a bit insignificant. Oh, and keep out of the swimming pools during it :lol:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 27, 2017 4:47 am

No such entertainment here, quiet night on the track at Debden station fixing a set of surelock points :|
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Hilly30si

Amazing weather.

Post by Hilly30si » Sat May 27, 2017 6:05 am

I was in Hong Kong a few years ago the lightening light up the night sky like I had never seen,as said awesome power :thumbsup:

Lying here in bed this morning in Kos and it's just started to thunder seems like we are in for a storm, it's gone really dark over Bills mothers. The weather was fantastic for my daughters wedding here yesterday so all is well apart from my hangover. :thumbsdown:
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by Chris_D » Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 am

...ah, so the first wave of landings has begun.
General Tharg was due to arrive next week. He must have taken advantage of the interplanetary jetstream while on his way from Andromeda.
Expect more flashes on the horizon as the support vessels enter earths' atmosphere....
:wink:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 27, 2017 7:25 am

Chris_D wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:11 am ...ah, so the first wave of landings has begun.
General Tharg was due to arrive next week. He must have taken advantage of the interplanetary jetstream while on his way from Andromeda.
Expect more flashes on the horizon as the support vessels enter earths' atmosphere....
:wink:
The invasion is here? Drock!
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by Marlon » Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 am

Smartbear wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:47 am No such entertainment here, quiet night on the track at Debden station fixing a set of surelock points :|
Rob
:lol: thats brought us all down to earth Rob :D
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by Smartbear » Sat May 27, 2017 8:07 am

Marlon wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 am
Smartbear wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 4:47 am No such entertainment here, quiet night on the track at Debden station fixing a set of surelock points :|
Rob
:lol: thats brought us all down to earth Rob :D
C'est Le vie :P
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

Vonlipvig

Amazing weather.

Post by Vonlipvig » Sat May 27, 2017 10:22 am

It was truly stunning. We were woken up about 1 when a bolt landed really close, car alarms going off after it, room filled with bright light and thunder. I sat up for the next half hour with my face between the curtains watching the show. It was more spectacular than the ones when I was in Florida and really hope it isn't so long until the next one
2009 Sapphire Black 23i

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by ben g » Sat May 27, 2017 6:49 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:52 am Has any one else witnessed the weather over SW England right now. The past hour has been just incredible to watch and listen to and feel? From a beautiful star lit evening around 11pm, the sky turned to the dark side. Then around 12:30 my attention was draw to several small flashes on the horizon, or so I thought. My son and I ventured into the back garden to be treated by the truly most amazing lightning show I have seen and probably will ever see. So much pent up fury unleashed bolt after bolt. The sky like a bright summers day for fleeting moments, between the sinister inky blackness of the storm covered night sky. The air filled with the tumuntuous sound of continuous thunder boom after boom. I lie here now. The remnants of charged light still flicking at the windows the thunder grumbling as it travels westward into the distance, frankly aw struck at nature s power. That one will live on in the memory for ever. 8)
Calm down son, else you might be mistaken for Russell Brand.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Amazing weather.

Post by buzyg » Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 pm

ben g wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 6:49 pm
buzyg wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 1:52 am Has any one else witnessed the weather over SW England right now. The past hour has been just incredible to watch and listen to and feel? From a beautiful star lit evening around 11pm, the sky turned to the dark side. Then around 12:30 my attention was draw to several small flashes on the horizon, or so I thought. My son and I ventured into the back garden to be treated by the truly most amazing lightning show I have seen and probably will ever see. So much pent up fury unleashed bolt after bolt. The sky like a bright summers day for fleeting moments, between the sinister inky blackness of the storm covered night sky. The air filled with the tumultuous sound of continuous thunder boom after boom. I lie here now. The remnants of charged light still flicking at the windows the thunder grumbling as it travels westward into the distance, frankly aw struck at nature s power. That one will live on in the memory for ever. 8)
Calm down son, else you might be mistaken for Russell Brand.
No need to calm down, knackered after staying up to watch until 3:00am. Gutted to realise I hadn't recorded anything on my camera this morning. School boy error on that one. Think our son got some footage. Doubt I will ever see a sky that impressive again. It really was other worldly. Having seen the Northern light a few times, last night in Cornwall was all together more impressive. Though less serene. As it was accompanied by contentious thunder. The spooky part was the first 30 minutes before it rained. 8)

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Amazing weather.

Post by enzed4 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:04 pm

buzyg wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 pm
Gutted to realise I hadn't recorded anything on my camera this morning.
Luckily plenty of others didn't forget.... here's some great pics of the storm - really add to your great description.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/weather ... tures.html
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport