Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Thieving scum

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
maxman

Thieving scum

Post by maxman » Sat May 13, 2017 4:29 pm

DMC63 wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 2:07 pm Drunks on the way home from the pub maybe, or your neighbor may be jealous of such 'high end' garden accessories and he's nabbed 'em ,ground them into tiny pieces and put them down the drain.
I remember many moons ago, I was a young punk on the way home with my pals from a night out. I was as pissed as a fart. I saw this plastic garden gnome about two gardens down. I set my sights on it. I sprinted flat out across the two gardens and gave the gnome my best toe punt to launch it into next week...It was concrete...Broke all my toes :cry: :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl:

Ricardo1992

Thieving scum

Post by Ricardo1992 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:47 pm

jan_tekin wrote: Thu May 11, 2017 9:15 pm Don't worry about your lights Tim, my cars currently at the dealer getting accessed for this.

Two Oners got done within 100 meters of each other Monday night

Both locked and mine doesn't have confort access so little mithed on how they got in.
Ouch...hope you manage to get this sorted. I really hope the person who did this to your car gets caught....also wishing the airbag went off in their face as they dismantled the steering wheel.... :angry:
3.0i BMW z4 - 1.6L Citroen Saxo - Alpine Sunbeam

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by Ewazix » Sat May 13, 2017 8:11 pm

jan wrote: Don't worry about your lights Tim, my cars currently at the dealer getting accessed for this.

Two Oners got done within 100 meters of each other Monday night

Both locked and mine doesn't have confort access so little mithed on how they got in.
Probably not cloned but done with a simple key jammer, scum bag sat near by with a £30 device that blocks your key fob signal, you think you have locked it but it's not. Far too simple and a really common scam at the moment, it's really is worth checking doors manually. Hope things get fixed OK :|
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by TitanTim » Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm

I can't check mine manually as have comfort access so always make sure the alarm light is blinking :|

Tim.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by MACK » Sat May 13, 2017 8:53 pm

£10k for a bit of media equipment and the steering wheel, that's frightening! How much is BMW's ridiculous labour charges? Not that the their parts are cheap either!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by ben g » Sun May 14, 2017 11:54 am

More than likely someone who's drunk and decided to take his anger out on your solar lights.

I once went to work on a Friday night shift with hanging baskets in full Bloom out the front. Came back in the morning and they were gone :o

I was so annoyed I ended up removing everything from my front garden, just so no other scum could steal anything.

Found the baskets a couple of weeks later in a bush down the road. I'm in a cul-de-sac also so must have been some jealous idiot who lives near me.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by TitanTim » Sun May 14, 2017 12:43 pm

ben g wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 11:54 am More than likely someone who's drunk and decided to take his anger out on your solar lights.

I once went to work on a Friday night shift with hanging baskets in full Bloom out the front. Came back in the morning and they were gone :o

I was so annoyed I ended up removing everything from my front garden, just so no other scum could steal anything.

Found the baskets a couple of weeks later in a bush down the road. I'm in a cul-de-sac also so must have been some jealous idiot who lives near me.
I'm actually really very angry to be honest, I know its not the same as having the house burgled although I do have an alarm and recently set up some Hive motion sensors so I can receive mobile notifications but its just the sheer pettiness nicking something thats quite worthless and spoiling it for someone who is just trying to make their garden nice. I'm contemplating getting another Ring cam although they're 160 quid and hiding it on the front garden and getting some replacement lights. If I caught who did it then.......

Tim.

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by Ewazix » Sun May 14, 2017 10:12 pm

TitanTim wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 8:30 pm I can't check mine manually as have comfort access so always make sure the alarm light is blinking :|

Tim.
Comfort access, in which case you are at additional risk of signal relaying from your key-fob. Scumbag gets up close to your house, door, window with a cheap radio signal relay and bounces your fob signal to a mate with similar next to your car, bingo and they are in! Very prevalent at the moment and completely mystifies everybody, including the disbelieving insurance co.

The only protection is to invest a few quid in a simple Faraday shield, which crudely speaking stops radio waves. People are flogging all kinds of overpriced Faraday Shields but it's just a conductive mesh woven in to the fabric. I would have thought something like this would be fine (but test it by your car to check :wink: ).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Keyless-car-f ... 3641.l6368
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

sammyz

Thieving scum

Post by sammyz » Sun May 14, 2017 10:40 pm

I was worried about our 140i getting nicked, not somebody robbing the interior :cry:
Hope you get that sorted without too much financial pain.
Yas Marina Blue 35i.

srhutch

Thieving scum

Post by srhutch » Mon May 15, 2017 6:50 am

MACK wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 8:53 pm £10k for a bit of media equipment and the steering wheel, that's frightening! How much is BMW's ridiculous labour charges? Not that the their parts are cheap either!
The looms have been cut, so replacing those and the labour involved soon adds up.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by firebobby » Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm

DMC63 wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 2:07 pm Drunks on the way home from the pub maybe, or your neighbor may be jealous of such 'high end' garden accessories and he's nabbed 'em ,ground them into tiny pieces and put them down the drain.
I remember many moons ago, I was a young punk on the way home with my pals from a night out. I was as pissed as a fart. I saw this plastic garden gnome about two gardens down. I set my sights on it. I sprinted flat out across the two gardens and gave the gnome my best toe punt to launch it into next week...It was concrete...Broke all my toes :cry: :rofl:
I bet you learnt your lesson David :rofl:
Did the gnome have a big smile on it's face :wink:
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

andysat
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by andysat » Mon May 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Sorry to see your car like that-Bloody ell 2k for a steering wheel!!
Gone but not forgotten.
New ride silver e93.

DMC63

Thieving scum

Post by DMC63 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:49 pm

firebobby wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 1:41 pm
I bet you learnt your lesson David :rofl:
Did the gnome have a big smile on it's face :wink:
Yep. Though the urge to toe a gnome into next weeks still resides deep within whenever I see one sitting in a garden looking all smug with itself. :evil:
BMW Z4 2003 2.5i and lots of bits and pieces - 2016 - 2020 Sold

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Thieving scum

Post by TitanTim » Tue May 16, 2017 8:17 pm

The past few days there's been a few owners on the M135/235 Facebook Page who've had the steering wheel nicked along with iDrive/Nav screen, one they seemed to have got into the car with a key, the other a brick through the window :cry:

Tim.

jan_tekin

Thieving scum

Post by jan_tekin » Tue May 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Saw that post today , at least you know how they got in. :)
Current: M135i
Sold:3.0lsi Sport Roadster, Xenons,Heated seats, blutooth, Hi Fi,Comfort Pack, Cruse Control, Stormworks ST1
Gear Knob, Stubby, KW V2s, 224s