Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Huawei Phones

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Huawei Phones

Post by TitanTim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm due to replace my mobile and been using a HTC One M8 over the past 3 years and have loved the phone. One of the reasons I went for it in the first place was for the Boomsound Stereo Speakers as I tend to watch alot of videos etc. Looking for a replacement has been hard as there's not that much choice on phones with decent built in speakers. I was tempted with the Samsung Galaxy S8 purely for the screen but the single speaker looks to be fair to tinny and theres not that much internal phone memory. Looked at the Iphone 7 as it has stereo speakers but I think Apple have gone silly excluding a headphone jack and for me are simply not worth the money if going for a sim free model, 8 too 900 quid is eyewatering. Unsure what the iPhone 8 will bring though. I thought of another HTC as the Ultra has just appeared but the reviews don't seem that great. This has led me onto looking at Huawei Phones which seem to be getting good reviews and look to have most things I need in a phone so have decided to order the Mate 9 Pro although not officially available in the UK.

Like the fact it has a Leica Camera, 4000MA battery and stereo sound and fast processor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4BccICzPFM&t=66s

Anyone using a Huawei?

Tim.

un1eash

Huawei Phones

Post by un1eash » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Been using and recommending Huawei phones for a few years now. Currently got a P9 Lite and the other half has a P9, I plan to swap mine for an Honor 8 next week.
Other half just had the Emui 5 update which she isn't keen on but I'm sure will get use to over time.

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

Huawei Phones

Post by markplant » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:01 pm

I'm waiting to see the new one plus,
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

Huawei Phones

Post by TitanTim » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Thanks for the replies, the P10 hasn't long been out as well although a bit of a ringer for an iPhone. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Pro9 will be like especially the camera, my HTC was never great for taking pics.

Tim.