Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

People smoking dope on the streets...

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm not sure if it's just me but, over the last year or so, I seem to have noticed an ever increasing number of people walking along the street smoking a joint

I walk over London Bridge every day after work and two/three days a week, I seem to be walking through a constant strong 'waft' of dope smoke. I've also noticed this walking along fairly busy streets in the evening and in supermarket car parks

It seems to be so blatant now that I wonder if there's no fear of being caught as the police have just stopped trying to enforce the law...
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:27 pm

More tax revenue from motorists going a little over 30mph, you just plant a camera no manpower required.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:38 pm

I have a neighbour who enjoys a toke and when I am washing the car I can tell if they have sparked one up, even though I cannot even see them. They dont even stay right next to me and the reek carries up and over their house and down the street.
It is becoming more and more acceptable and people dont seem to hide it like they used to.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Greg 01

Post by Greg 01 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 pm

So is this a complaint that folk just don't share like they used to ? :thumbsup:
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

Toe-side

Post by Toe-side » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:22 pm

In San Francisco last year you could smell it every where as you drove around the city. Much more common than cigarettes :o
Before: 2003 3.0 Roadster, Porsche Boxster 987S Now 981S
Success breeds complacency. Complacency breeds failure. Only the paranoid survive

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:24 pm

I get a lot of teasing from Brit mates due to me not indulging while I'm living over here in Holland. I enjoyed the occasional spliff but that was years ago and I stopped when I stopped smoking.
Now I can't stand the smell and like the OP I've noticed more and more gange-heads out and about over here wandering about with a joint going. Never used to be like that.
You're not supposed to smoke them in public, only at home or or in the coffee shops so this is inconsiderate people taking the mickey really.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:26 pm

people aren't worried about being caught by the police..its not considered an arrestable offence any more in small quantities, generally just confiscated and your details taken
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:51 pm

It doesn't seem to be a big thing anymore does it. 30yrs ago in my teens all my village mates were trying it, I didn't and got a lot of stick, tried it once and it did nothing, and it was a big deal if you were caught with it, word would get around that so and so was using it and someone had been collared for possession but nowadays it seems unless you're dealing or have a lot on you a blind eye is turned. Bloody stuff stinks, waste of time and money imo but each to their own. It's mainly the open door to harder stuff that worries me with a young son, I'll do my best to steer him clear of it a bit later in life. I showed him some pics of people that were on crystal meth the other day, that made him gag.... :lol:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:17 pm

99% of work mates I know that smoke weed are complete morons. They also smell disgusting. Revolting habit.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:30 pm

Dont you think that when you meet people you can pretty much tell if they smoke weed??
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

PerryGunn
Lifer
Lifer

Post by PerryGunn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:35 pm

Nictrix wrote:Dont you think that when you meet people you can pretty much tell if they smoke weed??
Ignoring deductions made on appearance & behaviour, I think regular smokers are pretty obvious because the smell sticks to them, occasional smokers less so...
Alpina Roadster S #320
* Quaife ATB LSD * StrongStrut Braces * Turner RTAB Limiters * Gap-Tech RCH+ *
* Intravee & KCA-420i * Mini 0806 * Cheetah C550 * Stubby *

Hilly30si

Post by Hilly30si » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:41 pm

You are right people just smoke it whenever and wherever, if caught it's just a warning, they should just make it legal. Stinky horrible smell
My Cars

2021 X3 M Sport loaded with Tec
1974 Triumph TR6 in Mimosa Yellow
Gone but not forgotten
2008 Z4 3.0 SI Roadster

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:53 pm

You want to try being in our shop, customers come in reeking of it, the skunk variety bloody stinks, much more so than the "old" resin types.

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:56 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:You want to try being in our shop, customers come in reeking of it, the skunk variety bloody stinks, much more so than the "old" resin types.

Mike
That woulda been me 30 years ago Mike. Clubbing together to get hold of a 'teenth' of 'red leb'. Then off down to the local offy to get some bottles of Thunderbird in. The off into town to see The Fall play.
Happy days. :lol:
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

SpiketheBike

Post by SpiketheBike » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Hilly30si wrote:You are right people just smoke it whenever and wherever, if caught it's just a warning, they should just make it legal. Stinky horrible smell
Legalising is not the answer. That's like saying most house burglars don't get caught (which they dont) so may well legalise that.
As a previous comment says, it's what it leads to that is the big problem. I speak from experience, having a son who got into weed, and is now a complete mess.
2011 Z4 SDrive 23i Highline pack. White with Coral Red leather, 18" 293s with RFTs & Pirellis. LED interior lights. Cree 80W Angel Eyes. Stubby