Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I'm off!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by Marlon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:13 pm

gov wrote:The big 70 for me next year :( Where does the time go - as you get older the quicker it goes - cliché but so true !

Enjoy your new car John - it sound's awesome :D I'm still prevaricating whether or not I should sell my old zed - just bought a 2012 Focus Estate 2.0DCi Titanium - what a difference in comfort to the zed - makes an old man very happy ( and comfortable ) - we're now back up to 3 cars with only the 2 of us living at home now - if I do sell I hope it goes to someone off the Island so I don't have to see it :cry: :cry:
Put it up for sale on the Forum, it will leave the island and unless you chose to visit the forum you don't have to see it :wink:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by ronk » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:13 pm

gov wrote:The big 70 for me next year :( Where does the time go - as you get older the quicker it goes - cliché but so true !
:
It's more than just a cliché !
There has been I'm told, proper academic studies into people's perception of time and there are significant changes as we age.

Time does fly, so enjoy as much of it as you can. :thumbsup:
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by Marlon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:46 pm

ronk wrote:
:
There has been I'm told, proper academic studies into people's perception of time and there are significant changes as we age.

Its pretty obvious that there's a huge psychological factor at play, its like the 2 week holiday abroad: The first week feels great - all the time in the world to enjoy the sights and relax into the holiday routine, then once you're into second week you're thinking bloody ell this is going fast I'll be on the flight home soon and back to work before I know it :cry:
Trick is not to focus on the end, and to enjoy the second half just as much as the first half :)
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

gov

I'm off!

Post by gov » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Marlon wrote:
ronk wrote:
:

Its pretty obvious that there's a huge psychological factor at play, its like the 2 week holiday abroad: The first week feels great - all the time in the world to enjoy the sights and relax into the holiday routine, then once you're into second week you're thinking bloody ell this is going fast I'll be on the flight home soon and back to work before I know it :cry:
Trick is not to focus on the end, and to enjoy the second half just as much as the first half :)

So true Marlon - the very reason why if I have to go up to 37000ft in a cigar tube then I try to make it a two week holiday - the first week is ' as you say' the most enjoyable because each day you know the following week you will still be here . The best feeling in the world is when you land having survived another flight , the door opens and it's like an oven and you know you've got 2 weeks of paradise ahead :D :D

As regards the zed yes I will advertise it soon ( perhaps :wink: )

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by dr_john » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 pm

OK, I promised pics.

Arrived last week.

Feels very big after the zed, and I cant help feeling its a little bit understated. However the Harman Kardon sound system is awesome and I can get my ageing old bones in and out of it a lot easier. Quiet as a whisper and super comfortable. Msport and Msport+ package.
Sapphire Black G29 2.0 MSport with Technology pack

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by Smartbear » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 am

That's a smart looking car John, hope it serves you well :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by TitanTim » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Looks great John, I'm likeing those alloys are they 18s or 19s?

Tim.

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by dr_john » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:38 am

TitanTim wrote:Looks great John, I'm likeing those alloys are they 18s or 19s?

Tim.
Thanks Tim.

They are 19s, M Double-spoke 442M Bicolour Orbit Grey (it says 'ere). The car was already built when I bought it, and had the MSport Plus option on it which included the 19s, tinted glass, Harman Kardon sound system, and MSport braking. The latter means you get blue brake calipers!

The 19s don't look as striking (to my mind) as they do on a Z4, due to the relative size of the car I guess.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by john-e89 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:51 am

Nice motor John, won't suit you though, you're a top down free spirit type of chap. There'll be another Zed after summer.... :wink:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

dr_john
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by dr_john » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm

john-e89 wrote:Nice motor John, won't suit you though, you're a top down free spirit type of chap. There'll be another Zed after summer.... :wink:
Don't tell the wife that, she's mad at me for getting rid of the zed. :o

TitanTim
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by TitanTim » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:46 pm

dr_john wrote:
TitanTim wrote:Looks great John, I'm likeing those alloys are they 18s or 19s?

Tim.
Thanks Tim.

They are 19s, M Double-spoke 442M Bicolour Orbit Grey (it says 'ere). The car was already built when I bought it, and had the MSport Plus option on it which included the 19s, tinted glass, Harman Kardon sound system, and MSport braking. The latter means you get blue brake calipers!

The 19s don't look as striking (to my mind) as they do on a Z4, due to the relative size of the car I guess.
Thanks for the info John, I'm looking to change the alloys on the 140i to 19s and those would clear M Sport calipers ok, just need to look at offsets. I do like the Performance Alloys but a bit pricey with tyres from BMW.

Tim.

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

I'm off!

Post by Nanu » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:57 pm

ronk wrote:Im also 70 this year and have no intentions of throwing the towel in just yet - I've just traded up to 35is last year - the comfortable car is just as nippy, so ive got all bases covered :thumbsup:

I hope to keep the Zed as long as my legs allow me to get in and out without too much trouble.
Keeping up with "You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing"! Thats more like it. Not much room in the Zed for pipe and slippers but plenty so I am told in a 4 series
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White