Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

True story . . .

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by Marlon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:50 am

chapeau wrote:I can only imagine the sick feeling in your stomach as you hear and then feel the crash into your pride and joy. A lucky escape by the sounds of it with no visible damage, I hope there is none that can't be seen but I guess that would depend on the speed of the impact.

I got caught by the speed camera van on the way to buy my Z, the speed limit had changed on the dual carriageway from 40 to 30 and I didn't spot it and got clocked at 36. I can remember the panic to get to the course on time, I turned up an hour early and still wasn't the first person there. :roll:
To be honest though I did actually find the course useful/worthwhile and think it'd be something that should be offered to all drivers if they wanted to go on it.

Some insurers ask you to state whether you have been on a speed awareness course, I think it's the Admiral group so Admiral, Bell, Diamond & Elephant, but I was told on the course that you don't legally have to tell them as it's not a conviction?? Either way I avoid this group of Insurers completely now for this very reason.
I found the Course interesting and learned one or two things too. Yes - they mentioned Admiral insurance and said there's no obligation to tell insurers. I'm not with them and if I was I'd dump them :thumbsdown:
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by Marlon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 am

Mr Tidy wrote:Oh dear, not a good start to your day OP!

Glad you made it to the course in time though. :wink:

Definitely need to check your car in detail - any sign of damage surely it is time to get to A & E! After all as there will be a police record of what happened surely it is time for a bit of "No Win, No Fee" whiplash compo. :evil: :lol:

Seriously though I hope there really is no damage to your car given that you are a fastidious owner. :thumbsup:
I'm aware that whiplash often only kicks in the day after - I woke up this morning and sprang out of bed fresh as a daisy so no big pay out day for me :D
911 997 Carrera S

ekimj10

True story . . .

Post by ekimj10 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 am

That's one helluva story and to pass a breathalyser test and a speed awareness course in the same day is some going!
Don't know what your 5 min drive to work is like but when I see bikes at the height of rush hour I think I would feel a lot safer in the car, as maybe you do. You can lose the fat another way.
2.2R Toledo Blue

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by Marlon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am

ekimj10 wrote:That's one helluva story and to pass a breathalyser test and a speed awareness course in the same day is some going!
Don't know what your 5 min drive to work is like but when I see bikes at the height of rush hour I think I would feel a lot safer in the car, as maybe you do. You can lose the fat another way.
What fat? I'm a trained athlete :D
911 997 Carrera S

pvr
Legend
Legend

True story . . .

Post by pvr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 am

Marlon wrote:
ekimj10 wrote:That's one helluva story and to pass a breathalyser test and a speed awareness course in the same day is some going!
We have seen pictures of you with Zedward, and it was a hell of a job of telling you guys apart :evil:
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by MACK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:58 am

Mr Tidy wrote:
chapeau wrote: Some insurers ask you to state whether you have been on a speed awareness course, I think it's the Admiral group so Admiral, Bell, Diamond & Elephant, but I was told on the course that you don't legally have to tell them as it's not a conviction?? Either way I avoid this group of Insurers completely now for this very reason.
I've read similar posts before, but surely that is a bit like asking if you have ever exceeded the speed limit! :o

I'd avoid them too regardless - Tw*ts! :headbang:
A lot of the comparison sites ask the question now so its hard to avoid. However they have got no chance of me telling them "I did one about 4 year ago" as as you say they tell you on the courses the police don't supply the information to the insurance industry. Plus who keeps a record of the time/date of when they did speed awareness courses?!

The other thing they seem to have started asking in the last year or so is "have you had any claims, including windscreen claims". I have always been told by insurers that a claim under the windscreen cover doesn't effect your NCB (never made one so can't confirm). So why do they need to ask this, other than to profiteer from your answer? Can they even check (do they share the info within the industry)?
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

pvr
Legend
Legend

True story . . .

Post by pvr » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 am

When I replaced the windscreen on my X5, it was one of the reasons Admiral said that my premium had gone up when I challenged the rise on that car.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by Smartbear » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:08 am

pvr wrote:
Marlon wrote:
We have seen pictures of you with Zedward, and it was a hell of a job of telling you guys apart :evil:
You must be getting Marlon confused with me, zedward & I are actually related :P
IMAG3814.jpg
IMAG3814.jpg (131.82 KiB) Viewed 657 times
IMAG3822.jpg
IMAG3822.jpg (105.92 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by MACK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Smartbear wrote:
pvr wrote:
Marlon wrote:
You must be getting Marlon confused with me, zedward & I are actually related :P
IMAG3814.jpgIMAG3822.jpg
Rob
So we take it that you'll be next to have run in with the local constabulary then Rob.

Your passenger isn't wearing a helmet!
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by MACK » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 pm

MACK wrote:
Smartbear wrote:
pvr wrote:
IMAG3814.jpgIMAG3822.jpg
Rob
So we take it that you'll be next to have run in with the local constabulary then Rob.

You and your passenger aren't wearing helmets!
Silver 05 3.0i SE

White E89 20i M Sport

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

True story . . .

Post by paddy wright » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 am

:thumbsup: glad it all worked out in the end! Must have been a nightmare of a day!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

True story . . .

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Marlon wrote: I'm aware that whiplash often only kicks in the day after - I woke up this morning and sprang out of bed fresh as a daisy so no big pay out day for me
Ooh, you slipped up there OP! Maybe with your athleticism there will be a delayed reaction.......!
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black