Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I wonder?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
ronk
Lifer
Lifer

I wonder?

Post by ronk » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:00 am

I've just read the response to the help call from the Tara palmer woman:-
Minutes after the cleaner set off the alarm an ambulance arrived with several paramedics, followed by three police cars.

Ive heard of two hour delays even when chest pains are mentioned ?
Is it how ill or who's ill ?
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

I wonder?

Post by Mr Tidy » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:29 am

ronk wrote: I've just read the response to the help call from the Tara palmer woman:- Minutes after the cleaner set off the alarm an ambulance arrived with several paramedics, followed by three police cars.Ive heard of two hour delays even when chest pains are mentioned ? Is it how ill or who's ill ?
Yes, I've read some of that - very sad at that age (whatever your opinion of her as a person).

But I know what you mean - 999 call in a different London Borough for my 94 year old mother last year when she had dizziness and breathing difficulties got the response that they had no ambulances available. So after a 4 hour wait a minicab was sent with a driver who could barely speak English!

By that time I was able to get to the hospital, and there were at least 4 ambulances parked outside A & E - can only assume it was a crew shortage (or maybe a budget issue)?

But then throughout life you learn it isn't what you know.........
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

I wonder?

Post by john-e89 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:09 pm

From some recent experience I do think timing has some influence, when I went to A&E by ambulance, not my choice btw, early last year, they turned up within minutes in our rural area, however the Sheffield A&E was madness, we had to stay on the crews trolley next to the doors, we didn't even get inside for about an hour and a half, then we were waiting in a corridor for another couple of hours. Anyway the point being all this time it was on the ambulance trolley, not only that but they had to stay with me, I wanted them to go but they couldn't, and what with lots of crews there your thought was how many crews are left to respond to 999 calls. They said themselves that this waiting in A&E had a serious impact on responding.

I later learned that that night was one of the worst A&E had seen in a long time, it was crazy, a different day could see it not so busy so more crews to respond. Some of it is pot luck, plus you only read about the problems, I can't say without the stats but maybe most of the time responses are within time, though I'm sure city's will be at risk of longer respond times than rural.
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29