Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

And THIS - Is why it is DEFINITELY not my week!

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 pm

So yesterday morning, PRIOR to being stopped for speeding :(

I was at the cash & carry in Liverpool, in the Zed, as I only need a binbag of cigs (£1,500 bloody quid) and a few spirits....

So I parked in my usual space, occupying a total of 4 spaces :) I then went to get a trolley..

The first two trolleys in the line were the "old" blue ones, which feel like they have 30 cases of beer on them when they are empty, BUT the third was was one of the shiny 2017 models :) So, I pulled the first two out, and grabbed the shiny one. It was at this point I noticed, in the basket on the front of the 2nd trolley, a case of Kenco instant coffee jars, along with an invoice from the C&C. Now presuming someone had forgotten them, and having done the same myself once or twice, I thought I'd take them into reception, so that they could be then given to whomever had bought them the next time they were in, capiche? After all, I got back a large pack of Andrex last year, the day after it fell off my trolley as I was dragging it across the car park to the van.

So, I popped it onto the flat bed of my trolley, along with the invoice, and walked towards the reception doors, some 20 yards away.

As I approached reception, and the auto doors opened, I head someone shout "Oi you!" so I turned around to see a large Srilankan (I think) guy coming towards me. I stopped and said "what" to which he shouted - AND I KID YOU NOT! "You are taking my stuff, white B@stard"

Now, I'm actually 1/4 chinese, as my Grandad came over to Liverpool after the war, stayed here and married my Nan. So I don't have a racist bone in my body, BUT I was bloody shocked. So I said "What the fcuck did you just say?" AND HE REPEATED IT!

So I said to him, "listen dickhead, I wasn't taking it, I was returning it to reception, because YOU left it in the trolley, if you want it, have it!" And I passed it to him. Job done afaic..

Nope, the store manager had heard everything, as had a couple of customers, so he was forced to take a stand. He came out and asked me if I was ok, before telling the pratt that he was ringing the Police, and he would no longer be welcome at the C&C..

So, after about 20 mins, s I was coming out of the tobacco room, I was confronted by a rather nice WPC, who said she believed I had been the victim of said abuse, and she would like me to make a statement. I said I wasn't really bothered, but she insisted, and she did smell nice :) The manager also said to me, "Mike, if this was the other way round, I would be barring you from the C&C and would still have phoned the Police, and two other people have made statements as they were disgusted"

So hey ho.. My first session of the day in a Police car...

Now, I bet you weren't expecting that Chris_D

Mike

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:48 pm

Feck Your really making me miss the old town. :thumbsup: Things come in three some say. So let that be the end of it. And don't walk under the L3 bus, if it still runs. :wink:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:49 pm

Haha love it! A ripping yarn!
An i was imagining ronnie corbett telling one of his own ripping yarns while reading it :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (20.12 KiB) Viewed 1587 times
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:51 pm

buzyg wrote:Feck Your really making me miss the old town. :thumbsup: Things come in three some say. So let that be the end of it. And don't walk under the L3 bus, if it still runs. :wink:
Ahhh the L3. Used to get that all the time from Crosby into Litherland to see me old nan or into town if i was sagging off school.
Happy days :)

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:Feck Your really making me miss the old town. :thumbsup: Things come in three some say. So let that be the end of it. And don't walk under the L3 bus, if it still runs. :wink:
Ahhh the L3. Used to get that all the time from Crosby into Litherland to see me old nan or into town if i was sagging off school.
Don't tell me you went to Manor.

TonyP

Post by TonyP » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:55 pm

Doesn't this sum exactly what is wrong with this country?, a bit of a 2 way mouthy exchange of words, a bit of name calling & before you know it the police are involved wanting to take statements.

I'm sure that the other chap & you would have shrugged it off once you'd calmed down & he'd understood that you were taking the coffee back in good faith.

Don't get me wrong, no-one should go around shouting racist comments but there's surely a distinction between something carelessly blurted out in the heat of the moment vs something pre-meditated.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:56 pm

I'm obviously on for TWO lots of 3, as f*****g UKMail have "lost" the two parcels I had collected from Machine monkey containing my amp, speakers and a back box, which should all have been with me Saturday.. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:57 pm

TonyP wrote:Doesn't this sum exactly what is wrong with this country?, a bit of a 2 way mouthy exchange of words, a bit of name calling & before you know it the police are involved wanting to take statements.

I'm sure that the other chap & you would have shrugged it off once you'd calmed down & he'd understood that you were taking the coffee back in good faith.

Don't get me wrong, no-one should go around shouting racist comments but there's surely a distinction between something carelessly blurted out in the heat of the moment vs something pre-meditated.
Yup, and next time, whatever it is, can stay in the bloody trolley!

Mike

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 pm

Ducklakeview wrote:I'm obviously on for TWO lots of 3, as f*****g UKMail have "lost" the two parcels I had collected from Machine monkey containing my amp, speakers and a back box, which should all have been with me Saturday.. FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike
Aw shite. It doesnt rain it just pours :|
Def not ur week mike. It can only get better......or can it? :o

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 pm

buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
No lol but some of my bessies went there.
Me mam n dad saw fit to send me to a posh-o fee paying school- scarisbrick hall. But i escaped...i mean, got expelled at the end of third year and ended up at sacred heart high as mam n dad thought a good old dose of traditional catholic discipline would do me good!
Where did u go? U sound like ur an ex-crosbyite too?

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:22 pm

Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote: Ahhh the L3. Used to get that all the time from Crosby into Litherland to see me old nan or into town if i was sagging off school.
Me mam n dad saw fit to send me to a posh-o fee paying school- scarisbrick hall. But i escaped...i mean, got expelled at the end of third year and ended up at sacred heart high as mam n dad thought a good old dose of traditional catholic discipline would do me good!
All over the shop. Started in Christ Church, down by five lamps spent a few years over on the Wirrall and ended up at Manor, with a few years at St Nicks along the way. A good mate of mine, at the time, went to Scari. Turned out to be a right scaly and moved to Aus. Not heard from him for years.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:33 pm

buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:
All over the shop. Started in Christ Church, down by five lamps spent a few years over on the Wirrall and ended up at Manor, with a few years at St Nicks along the way. A good mate of mine, at the time, went to Scari. Turned out to be a right scaly and moved to Aus. Not heard from him for years.
Scarisbrick was horrid. I was there from '82 til '84. Was marked out from day one cos i came from liverpool. Used to get the cane from raynor on a regular basis and he got so bored that he used to take a run-up, the bastid. Obviously resisted expelling me as it would have meant lost revenue for them but i didnt help matters by constantly rebelling.
Nearly burned down the woods surrounding the ice-house in the grounds behind the coach park once and got suspended for that.
Turned the boating lake red and killed all the fish by dropping a container full of potassium pmanganate into it at the end of a school day. Another suspension.
Eventually got expelled, thank christ, for smoking. I did have to blow smoke into raynor's open office window however to get his attention.
Used to have to walk past five lamps on the way to probation office every thursday by the seamans lodge when i was about 16. Probation order was for nicking, believe it or not, a bus. Was with a couple of mates and one of them knew how to drive an old atlantean doubledecker as his dad was a busdriver. Wasnt the L3 tho.
Happy days. Snif.

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:01 am

Chris_D wrote:
buzyg wrote:
Chris_D wrote: No lol but some of my bessies went there.
Scarisbrick was horrid. I was there from '82 til '84. Was marked out from day one cos i came from liverpool. Used to get the cane from raynor on a regular basis and he got so bored that he used to take a run-up, the bastid. Obviously resisted expelling me as it would have meant lost revenue for them but i didnt help matters by constantly rebelling.
Nearly burned down the woods surrounding the ice-house in the grounds behind the coach park once and got suspended for that.
Turned the boating lake red and killed all the fish by dropping a container full of potassium pmanganate into it at the end of a school day. Another suspension.
Eventually got expelled, thank christ, for smoking. I did have to blow smoke into raynor's open office window however to get his attention.
Used to have to walk past five lamps on the way to probation office every thursday by the seamans lodge when i was about 16. Probation order was for nicking, believe it or not, a bus. Was with a couple of mates and one of them knew how to drive an old atlantean doubledecker as his dad was a busdriver. Wasnt the L3 tho.
Happy days. Snif.
Happy Days indeed. :thumbsup:

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:19 am

TonyP wrote: Don't get me wrong, no-one should go around shouting racist comments but there's surely a distinction between something carelessly blurted out in the heat of the moment vs something pre-meditated.
No in the UK at this point in time there really isn't any distinction, and that is the root of so much alienation among the indigenous population (who aren't yet a minority, so don't benefit from the positive discrimination agenda of the PC police)!

OP, next time stick the coffee in the boot smartish and b*gger off quick - you know it makes sense! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ducklakeview » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:52 pm

Well at least they found my parcels and I now have them!

Mike