Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone else worried about Lewis?

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
stevo///m3

Post by stevo///m3 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Some of the above comments are hilarious! Tax is divisive from an ideological perspective but it makes us all smile from time to time eh? Long may it continue to do so :D
Stevo
SOLD - '07 MCoupe-Sapphire Metallic-Imola leather-piano black
Previous: E36 Evo Vert
Current: ocean-going G31 estate
Insta: stevothecrab

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:44 pm

buzyg wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:00 pm What a knowledgeable lot we are. One excellent thing to come out of this thread. When I buy my first private jet, I now know what to do, to avoid paying too much tax on it. :lol: :wink:
Agree the forum will be the first port of call when the first jet arrives. :thumbsup:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange
E89 28i Crimson
E89 25i White

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Post by buzyg » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Enjoyed today's German GP. :thumbsup: little bit of rain and caos :lol: :D

Zoomer

Post by Zoomer » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 am

Almost like it was choreographed :fuelfire: vettel crashing out. hmm
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

gov

Post by gov » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am

Zoomer wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 am Almost like it was choreographed :fuelfire: vettel crashing out. hmm
Why would Ferrari deliberately crash out? that's nonsensical - even if with the way Lewis was driving it looked highly likely he would have caught him anyway - even then why throw away the chance of coming second or third and keeping the title hopes even .

if anything Bottas might have caught him on the restart with his fresher tyres if he hadn't been given team orders - either way after all Lewis did throughout the race he fully deserved the win - what is wrong with people - we have a British driver who is arguably the best we've had for decades and just because he's different he gets slagged off by a minority .

TonyP

Post by TonyP » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:16 am

gov wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am
Zoomer wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:09 am Almost like it was choreographed :fuelfire: vettel crashing out. hmm
Why would Ferrari deliberately crash out? that's nonsensical - even if with the way Lewis was driving it looked highly likely he would have caught him anyway - even then why throw away the chance of coming second or third and keeping the title hopes even .

if anything Bottas might have caught him on the restart with his fresher tyres if he hadn't been given team orders - either way after all Lewis did throughout the race he fully deserved the win - what is wrong with people - we have a British driver who is arguably the best we've had for decades and just because he's different he gets slagged off by a minority .
agreed ^, Lewis may well have had the pace to keep VB behind him without team orders, he was putting in fastest laps, one of the best GP's I've seen in a while although that does depend on who you are rooting for I guess.

ranski
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ranski » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:25 am

The only 'fact' to take onboard from yesterdays race, is that Vettel cant drive for s**t in the rain

Z4 3.0 / Mods done... too many to mention

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ben g » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:50 am

ranski wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:25 am The only 'fact' to take onboard from yesterdays race, is that Vettel cant drive for s**t in the rain
I'm pretty sure it's not the first time he's bailed out due to the rain aswell :lol:

Tbh, I'm gutted for him. Must be awful to skid out at what seemed like pretty low speed and not being able to do anything about it.

Once again, everyone's crying about Lewis cutting the pits and also being 'gifted' the lead. Pathetic really. Yet when Ferrari impose team orders, it's perfectly ok.

Blinded by racism/hatred/jealousy :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

GAZA62
Lifer
Lifer

Post by GAZA62 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 pm

Agree with the last 4 posts :thumbsup: when Hamilton first joined the F1 championship he got slagged off for being a corporate robot now when he speaks his mind and dresses a bit trendy he gets slagged off again was the same for Mansell everyone moaning he was boring when being interviewed they cant win whatever they do
T.SILVER 2004 3.0SE AUTO

IF IT WAS NOT FOR BAD LUCK I'D HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

Bing
Legend
Legend

Post by Bing » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm

You can say what you like about his personality, his dress sense, his attitude - but honestly who cares ? The man is without question a phenomenal driver, which is kind of all that matters.
Current... Silver Grey ///M Roadster, non-flimper spec, Imola Red nappa, permanent ear-to-ear grin 8)

Previous... 3.0Si Sport Roadster, Black Sapphire, Dream Red leather with lots of toys and lots of mods...

Beemer233

Post by Beemer233 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:06 pm

He is one of the most gifted sportsmen we have....for some reason however he seems to attract a lot of folk who can only be described as intolerant.....perhaps I should mention that he is also a practicing Christian.....this is also something he is doubtless disliked for by many....
Jan 2007 E86 Z4 3.0si Coupe high spec in Monaco Blue Metallic/Champagne/Piano currently on 18 inch CW4 Sterling Silver Borbets....

I intend to live forever.....or at least die trying!......Groucho Marx

obewan

Post by obewan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:11 pm

Bing wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:05 pm You can say what you like about his personality, his dress sense, his attitude - but honestly who cares ? The man is without question a phenomenal driver, which is kind of all that matters.
+1 (AND British) :thumbsup:
'Get in there Lewis' :D
E89 2.0 SDrive MSport
Honda CB500F.
Gone but not forgotten E85 2.0 MSport

MrPT
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MrPT » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Mega cringe moment with “Love conquers all”, but yeah - incredible pace! Last two GPs have been great.
2008 Z4MC: heavy wheels | crap suspension | skittish rear end | wobbly engine | not enough induction noise | underwhelming turn in | inconsistent braking | lardy battery | chubby steering wheel
2006 Z4 2.5si: gone

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by RustyZ4 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:31 pm

MrPT wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:28 pm Mega cringe moment with “Love conquers all”, but yeah - incredible pace! Last two GPs have been great.
yeh also had a cringe, when he said he had prayed before he got in the car, but hey its what Senna did, no doubting his talent, and usually talent come with idiosyncrasies
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

Nanu
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nanu » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:45 pm

Lewis is British and a winner. What more do we need to know :thumbsup:
G29 M30i M Sport San Francisco Red

Previous
E89 35is Valencia Orange