Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Attack of the chavs.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Attack of the chavs.

Post by Mr Tidy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:24 am

Greg 01 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 amSome of the comments on here are so not called for .
If or when he joins the forum he may well recognise his car and read the comments his kind neighbour put on here .
I hope he never does join!

While I realise we don't all have a fully-fitted workshop to fettle our cars (I certainly don't) I'd like to think that if the car is on a public road it is at least insured! :headbang:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Greg 01

Attack of the chavs.

Post by Greg 01 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 am

To be honest with the anpr cameras and with all info being on line etc I thought no insurance culprits where caught and cars seized very quickly ? .maybe not .
Nachtblau metallic 3.0 si auto ,cup holders , whippy back on :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am

Greg 01 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:32 am To be honest with the anpr cameras and with all info being on line etc I thought no insurance culprits where caught and cars seized very quickly ? .maybe not .
think that's only if your driving round - the tax cars are the ones that drive round housing estates looking- my dad got done last year :oops:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

kis
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by kis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:13 am

jamie_z4 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:42 pm
Nictrix wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 pm The jack doesnt even look like its being used. It could have been put in front/behind the car instead.
Free jack for someone in the middle of the night. :)
:lol:
I second that, might as well grab the hammer while you're at it... for a spare!
My E85 Z4 3.0i SMG

BMW Family History (past and present):
1 Series - E87
3 Series - E46 Coupe, E46 M3, E90 (x3)
4 Series - F36, F82 M4
5 Series - E34 (x2), E39
7 Series - E32
X5 - E53, E70
X6 - E71

Huzee666

Attack of the chavs.

Post by Huzee666 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm

In an our Force Area an uninsured vehicle will be removed from the highway as soon as it's reported and an officer attends, you need to phone 101 and report the matter. Make a note of the incident/occurrence number and ask the call taker for an update from the Police Officer or PCSO that attends. You can ask to be updated by phone/e-mail/text or in person. If you don't hear anything in 7 days phone back quote the number and ask what action is being taken, do not be afraid to ask to make a complaint if you don't get any joy. Your details will not be passed to the offender, this is covered by data protection. Please mention that the male concerned is carrying out major repairs at the side of the road, this can be an offence for which he can be prosecuted in addition to no insurance if you get the right officer who knows his stuff. Matey boy is obviously a scrote and you'll be wasting your time trying to reason with him, so stay well away and don't engage with him. :thumbsup: Good luck, keep us updated !
2004 Z4 2.5se Maldives blue
2016 Z4 2.0 M Sport Estoril Blue
IMG_7951.jpg

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by ph001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Thing is though - how do you actually know he has no insurance?? Appreciate his actions constitute a complete lack of respect but are we not criminalising this fellow a bit unfairly here?
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual - gone but not forgotten.

raymond.harper

Attack of the chavs.

Post by raymond.harper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:46 pm

ph001 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 pm Thing is though - how do you actually know he has no insurance?? Appreciate his actions constitute a complete lack of respect but are we not criminalising this fellow a bit unfairly here?
https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/ You check here

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by ph001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:00 pm

Fair enough! Huzee666 advice sounds good then.
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by Marlon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:45 pm

Huzee666 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm In an our Force Area an uninsured vehicle will be removed from the highway as soon as it's reported and an officer attends, you need to phone 101 and report the matter. Make a note of the incident/occurrence number and ask the call taker for an update from the Police Officer or PCSO that attends. You can ask to be updated by phone/e-mail/text or in person. If you don't hear anything in 7 days phone back quote the number and ask what action is being taken, do not be afraid to ask to make a complaint if you don't get any joy. Your details will not be passed to the offender, this is covered by data protection. Please mention that the male concerned is carrying out major repairs at the side of the road, this can be an offence for which he can be prosecuted in addition to no insurance if you get the right officer who knows his stuff. Matey boy is obviously a scrote and you'll be wasting your time trying to reason with him, so stay well away and don't engage with him. :thumbsup: Good luck, keep us updated !
Good advice :thumbsup:
hope it helps the OP
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

SeanConnor

Attack of the chavs.

Post by SeanConnor » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:15 pm

Huzee666 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm In an our Force Area an uninsured vehicle will be removed from the highway as soon as it's reported and an officer attends, you need to phone 101 and report the matter. Make a note of the incident/occurrence number and ask the call taker for an update from the Police Officer or PCSO that attends. You can ask to be updated by phone/e-mail/text or in person. If you don't hear anything in 7 days phone back quote the number and ask what action is being taken, do not be afraid to ask to make a complaint if you don't get any joy. Your details will not be passed to the offender, this is covered by data protection. Please mention that the male concerned is carrying out major repairs at the side of the road, this can be an offence for which he can be prosecuted in addition to no insurance if you get the right officer who knows his stuff. Matey boy is obviously a scrote and you'll be wasting your time trying to reason with him, so stay well away and don't engage with him. :thumbsup: Good luck, keep us updated !

Many thanks for the sound advice. This is exactly what I did. I got through to an intermediary who passed messages to and fro between me an the officer. It took me a good three quarters of an hour or so to convince the PC (or whoever it was). That this was a problem. In the end the poor go-between was really confused and admitted that she thought that I was right (we both had the same reference document open) he repeatedly claimed that unless it was being driven then it wasn't a problem for the Police. if it was dangerously parked it was a problem for the council. Etc etc etc. EVENTUALY after quoting The act time and time again he agreed that they would maybe look at it time and resources allowing. Dont get me wrong the police are over-stretched and critically under resourced. It is frustrating however to see police in and around the area.
2008 Sport Coupe Automatic with lots of extras.

Now with cruise control and Mediabridge :driving: Gold wheels HAVE BEEN SACKED.

ph001
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by ph001 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Report someone attempting to break into the car..that should mobilise them! Shame the thief ran off just before they arrived! Probably classed as perverting the course of justice mind.

Huzee666

Attack of the chavs.

Post by Huzee666 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Sean, i've been a copper for 29 years, the only way you can avoid insuring your car is if it's declared SORN, this clown has his car parked on the road, it makes no difference whether it's driven or not !
2004 Z4 2.5se Maldives blue
2016 Z4 2.0 M Sport Estoril Blue
IMG_7951.jpg

SeanConnor

Attack of the chavs.

Post by SeanConnor » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Huzee666 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 pm Sean, i've been a copper for 29 years, the only way you can avoid insuring your car is if it's declared SORN, this clown has his car parked on the road, it makes no difference whether it's driven or not !
Yes I thought that you may be a Police Officer by the content of your post :D . To be honest I've almost given up on this. I have the reference number and may check tomorrow. At least if the car falls on somebody or someone hits it I'll have a clear concience.

BTW keep up the good work :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Attack of the chavs.

Post by firebobby » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Make sure you keep us updated on Chavs motor :)
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

SeanConnor

Attack of the chavs.

Post by SeanConnor » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Just been on the 'phone again for about 30 mins to Wiltshire Constabulary. Again they claim that it is a council problem unless it is being driven. I Quoted Continuous Insurance Enforcement and the fact that the car is in bits in the road. Eventually they agreed that I MIGHT have a point and generated an intel report which will be passed to the relevant department and may or may not be acted on depending on whether they think there is reason .