Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Someone just crashed in to my C63. FML.

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:57 pm

Ok - Swiftcover (the fault party's insurer) has now ruled that i was not at fault without prejudice.

the 'without prejudice' seems to be because he's claiming the other third party shares some blame - but swift have said that's not defendable, and either way we are free to proceed with a non fault claim as were not part of the original accident, only the aftermath.

Now my options stand as:

1. Use swiftcover (axa)'s third party repairs/claims resolution team - Action365
2. Use mercedes benz accident management service (repairs at 'GWR' near brentford merc garage i think, tho searching suggests that might be kia garage?!), or any other repairer of my choosing
3. Use admiral's auxillis (used to be 'albany', hilariously bad reviews all over the web).

A total write off would be ideal for me - less hassle and concern about resale, if i am to re-sell i'd like a Mercedes approved (or Mercedes garage) to carry out the works, though.

Apparently because it's a third party claim, it's 100% of the value before it would be a total loss (and thus cat C/D). I'm not sure if that 100% value is the value of the car, or the claim, and whether it includes all costs of the claim to determine the 100%. The ABI GTA guidelines for car hire suggest i could be renting a car at £9k/month so very quickly getting close to value of the car with 10k's worth of repairs and any other costs incurred.

Trying to avoid missing anything glaringly obvious or taking the wrong path here so happy for anyone to chip in with any thoughts :p
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK

Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Just to add my pov on insurance claims, even if you claim off the other parties insurance, it will always come back somehow on your premium. When we renewed our car insurance last year and ticked the no claims or accidenst in the last 5 years box, my insurance company told me that my wife had been involved in an accident in January. Found this rather a surprise, but then she remembered she had been a passenger in a minicab in Liverpool which had clipped another car, she gave her name as a witness, and this had somehow got back to our insurance policy!!. It seems nowadays with the cost of spare parts and the extortionate prices bodyshop repair companys charge a large no of accidents result in a write off. It may be useful to prepare yourself by looking at the price of comparable cars if the car is written off, and it is possible to get your own private assesor to value your car too.

Bluecat

Post by Bluecat » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:23 pm

I used a company called Fastlane PAB in ascot to repair my 911 who did an amazing job, they are not cheap though most MB dealers do not have on-site bodyshops so palm the work out often to local garages so maybe check if Mercedes Brentford have one first.

jimmybell

Post by jimmybell » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Bluecat wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 pm Just to add my pov on insurance claims, even if you claim off the other parties insurance, it will always come back somehow on your premium.
Yeah sadly i'm very aware - totally not at fault and it'l be me with the biggest bills to repair (paid for by someone else thankfully) but also me with future insurance costs through no fault of my own.

I think because of the 100% cost element i dont think it'l get written off, sadly that would of been easiest for me.
V12 Vantage S - Hammerhead Silver, Manual, Lightweight Wheels, Exterior Carbon++, Carbon Buckets, AMR Performance Pack.
M135i LCI - ZF8, White, HK Audio, Adaptive
--
GONE Z4 M Coupe, Imola, CSLs
GONE C63 AMG, Black, Performance Pack+, LSD, HK