Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Audi rant

Discuss anything non Z4 related here
buzyg
Legend
Legend

Audi rant

Post by buzyg » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:13 am

That's rubbish service. Audi always been off my car buying list and will remain so. :thumbsdown:

Havard

Audi rant

Post by Havard » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:25 am

I must admit, I used to be a fan but I wouldn't touch them now.

Too many horror stories on what is meant to be the pinnacle of reliability.

I had no issues with my A4 over 3 years and 59k miles but I would not be willing to get into a squabble over something so obvious as a warranty claim.

H
ImageImage

85genius

Audi rant

Post by 85genius » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:32 pm
dr_john wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm
Ducklakeview wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:01 pm Did you pay for ANY part of the car on a credit card?

Mike
No, cash deal.
Shame.. For future reference, pay something on a credit card, even £1 - If you had done, this would now be down to the credit card company to sort out in full, to your satisfaction.. Section 75 consumer protection comes in very handy..

Mike
Just for future reference £1 on the card doesn't get you section 75 cover needs to be £100+ but the point still stands its well worth sticking a "deposit" on the credit card even for a cash deal as it makes the bank jointly liable alongside the dealer
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

Audi rant

Post by Ducklakeview » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm

85genius wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 pm
dr_john wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm

No, cash deal.
Shame.. For future reference, pay something on a credit card, even £1 - If you had done, this would now be down to the credit card company to sort out in full, to your satisfaction.. Section 75 consumer protection comes in very handy..

Mike
Just for future reference £1 on the card doesn't get you section 75 cover needs to be £100+ but the point still stands its well worth sticking a "deposit" on the credit card even for a cash deal as it makes the bank jointly liable alongside the dealer
£1 does get you S75 cover, it's the total purchase that has to be over £100..
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... n-75-claim

Mike

original guvnor
Lifer
Lifer

Audi rant

Post by original guvnor » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Gotta love an Audi. Cheap VW engineering in a posh frock. :fuelfire:

85genius

Audi rant

Post by 85genius » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:46 pm

Ducklakeview wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:04 pm
85genius wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:56 pm

Mike
£1 does get you S75 cover, it's the total purchase that has to be over £100..
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... n-75-claim

Mike
Awesome, I didn't realise that!
Audi quattro driver :o
NOW SOLD - Ruby Black 3.0 SI Roadster :(
Previous - E85 2.5 Ti Silver - See avatar photo - R.I.P Destroyed by a Tranny

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Audi rant

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:07 pm

I find it a shame so many have bad experiences with Audis and or Audi themselves.
I have had 2 new but end of model cars from them a TT and our Q5 had no problems at all with either. Both have been 2.0 diesels with auto boxes. I guess it’s the dealer we use and the sales person (same one each time) and the fact we don’t do mega millage.
If anyone is looking for a new Audi I can’t recommend Matthew Nutt at Newbury Audi enough.
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Audi rant

Post by pvr » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm

Dealer network makes all the difference though. I have a sh*te one, but I can imagine if you have a good one who deals with the issue instead of putting it back to the customer to fend for themselves it would make a big difference to the ownership experience.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Audi rant

Post by Machine monkey » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 pm

pvr wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 pm Dealer network makes all the difference though. I have a sh*te one, but I can imagine if you have a good one who deals with the issue instead of putting it back to the customer to fend for themselves it would make a big difference to the ownership experience.
It’s the problem with all these big dealerships. They are so profit and number focused to keep the brand happy! They forget the job of customer service. Our local Audi was a small showroom did great service and good deals. When they got a new shiney showroom on a perpouse build site. And was 4 times as big it couldn’t do us a deal that worked! And it wasn’t that nice personal feel anymore.
So we went and found the guy we used previously and he was at another small dealership for those reasons. Instead of the boggo q3 or A3 we could afford we got a nice spec q5 for the same money!!
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

EssexZed

Audi rant

Post by EssexZed » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm

I bought an Audi Q3 new in March 2015 and use it daily. Very satisfied with my dealer experience for both the sale and subsequent servicing. Car has performed faultlessly so I’ve not had to make any warranty claims. So far all good! The well publicised JD Power satisfaction survey doesn’t rank Audi as the best but neither are they the worst. I guess we’ve all got stories of bad experiences with car dealers that would cover the whole gamut of manufacturers.