Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A question for the wheel guru's

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
Dav the wheel nut
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Dav the wheel nut » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Stig, beautiful motor.
If you are running on a 10 inch wheel with et41 without a problem and then get rubbing by adding 3mm spacers and therefore effectively running on an et38, how does someone run on a 10 inch wheel with et20, which would cause the wheel to protrude a further 18mm, without a problem.
What am I missing here :scratchhead:

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Maybe it depends on tyre make, as different tyres have different shape sidewalls, also Stig's car looks pretty low, and people have lowered their cars by different amounts.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

StigJ

Post by StigJ » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:57 pm

I guess its a combination of stretched tires and lots of negative camber. Also as mentioned above, different tire brands/models are very different in shape and size. Michelin PSS like the ones I use have are wide and have a very thick and straight side wall.
I had extreme rubbing in the front with 235/35-19 on 8,5" ET34. Had to go down to 225/35. No its all good.

My coupe is lowered on H&R springs with OEM M-Tech shocks.
Hellrot '06 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si
Instagram: @StigJ77 & @bmwe86driver

Marius

Post by Marius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:45 pm

Dav the wheel nut wrote:Stig, beautiful motor.
If you are running on a 10 inch wheel with et41 without a problem and then get rubbing by adding 3mm spacers and therefore effectively running on an et38, how does someone run on a 10 inch wheel with et20, which would cause the wheel to protrude a further 18mm, without a problem.
Let's face it, this forum has zero knowledge when it comes to mods. Only wheels that fits it's csl's. People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:52 pm

Marius wrote:
Let's face it, this forum has zero knowledge when it comes to mods. Only wheels that fits it's csl's. People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol
"zero knowledge when it comes to mods " :D the ego has landed :oops: :P

Ive seen some pretty talented guys on this forum over the years & that is a insult to them all :wink:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

bmwaddict

Post by bmwaddict » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Marius wrote:Let's face it, this forum has zero knowledge when it comes to mods. Only wheels that fits it's csl's. People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol
Marius I don't know you mate, but you come across a right f***ing w****r saying things like that. Maybe best to keep those sort of sweeping generalisations to yourself in future as its not the first time I've noticed you doing it, and I'm sure nobody here appreciates it.
Try adding something that's actually helpful instead of your babbling negativity, or just keep your silly comments to yourself in future.
Currently zedless :(

'07 Mugello Blue Audi B7 RS4 Saloon with added goodies
'94 Black/Silver/Green Honda CBR400RR
Previous:
'07 Ruby Black Z4MC
'07 Sapphire Black Z4C 3.0si Sport

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Marius wrote:
share the knowledge then! :) keeping it to yourself is stupid.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Post by mr wilks » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:12 pm

Marius wrote:
People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol
Btw , great modding on the M3 seats , , wasn't it "vester86" who showed how it was done only last November :oops:
If you can't remember try page 2 where you ask him how to do it :rofl:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=92478&hilit=e46+M3+seats&start=15
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:42 pm

Marius wrote: Let's face it, this forum has zero knowledge when it comes to mods...l
You may question the amount or validity of knowledge on here Marius, but to say Zero, just shows your ignorance !

There is a "How To" section on here that offers lots of knowledge that members have found useful, and no doubt you have even offered your own wisdom at times, so to say there is Zero knowledge on here is blatantly ridiculous.

Think before you type (and speak) fella and put your ego back in its box
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Machine monkey
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Machine monkey » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Marius you plumb!! You really can devide.

You don't have to knock us all! If you don't like it hear don't come back!

I have done a few mods to my car nothing ground braking! But may I ask.....what have you done to set the z4 world alight??

I do kind of agree too many want the same thing. Wheels m bumpers! But that's not z4s that's the whole bmw seen is it not??

So come on enlighten us all what have you done?
My little blue zed is in lots of bits. With lots of things started and not many finished! I may have found the limits of my time and ability!!

vester86

Post by vester86 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:38 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Marius wrote:
People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol
Btw , great modding on the M3 seats , , wasn't it "vester86" who showed how it was done only last November :oops:

Present :thumbsup:

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Well that was entertaining :rofl:
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

Marius

Post by Marius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

mr wilks wrote:
Marius wrote:

Exactly, he was the first who ignored all what he see on here.

Marius

Post by Marius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

bmwaddict wrote:
Marius wrote:Let's face it, this forum has zero knowledge when it comes to mods. Only wheels that fits it's csl's. People on here were telling for years that m3 seats doesn't fit when intact they plug and play. Oh and you have to have stubby lol
Marius I don't know you mate, but you come across a right f***ing w****r saying things like that. Maybe best to keep those sort of sweeping generalisations to yourself in future as its not the first time I've noticed you doing it, and I'm sure nobody here appreciates it.
Try adding something that's actually helpful instead of your babbling negativity, or just keep your silly comments to yourself in future.
Haha, thanks.