Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Subjective comparison between Michelin Pilot Supersport and Pilot Sport 4 S (its replacement)

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
ga41

Subjective comparison between Michelin Pilot Supersport and Pilot Sport 4 S (its replacement)

Post by ga41 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:15 pm

Thought you might find this interesting from the guys from www.tyrereviews.co.uk

He basically says it's an overall improvement in all areas, especially wet grip and the only downside is a small reduction in the on-limit feel of the tyre.

I think I found my next tyres :D
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

Ed Doe

Post by Ed Doe » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

You running 19s? They're only launched in 19", 18" sizes will no doubt follow on but not sure when, which is a right pain! Also they are supposedly jolly expensive... As in more so than supersports...

I do agree though, these will likely be my next tyre choice....
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

ga41

Post by ga41 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Ed Doe wrote:You running 19s? They're only launched in 19", 18" sizes will no doubt follow on but not sure when, which is a right pain! Also they are supposedly jolly expensive... As in more so than supersports...

I do agree though, these will likely be my next tyre choice....
Im on 18". By the time I'll replace them they'll be out in 18" sizes I'm sure. I haven't seen prices but shouldn't they be comparable to the Supersport?
-- http://www.freerice.com/ For each answer you get right, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the United Nations World Food Program --

mmm-five
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mmm-five » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:55 pm

When the Supersports first came out, I was paying over £200 for a rear.

My last set of rears were more like £150 each - and that was with the £ nosediving.

I expect the PS4S to do the same - but my rears used to last about a year (20k miles), and fronts double that, so with the reduced mileage I'll be doing on them I think they'll last about 4 years.
Trigger’s Z4MC
Some bits now over 163,000 miles, some less than 1,000 miles.
Individual Ruby Black, Individual extended champagne leather, plus many options