Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

bridgestone tyres no stock?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
henry1

bridgestone tyres no stock?

Post by henry1 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:35 pm

Got a tyre check today as my wife hit a pothole and cut a slice off the back tyre side wall, also took a lump out the alloy, 255 35 18" W are on back order, none in stock maybe a month so I asked about Michelin RFT's and they could not find them on their computer
do you belive that, they also said it was not ilegal as it did not expose the cords but they would change it for safety, if it's not ilegal will my tyre policy cover it?
henry1

RichardG

Re: bridgestone tyres no stock?

Post by RichardG » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:43 pm

Go somewhere else they are talking bollox regards the legality, loads of us as you probably gather are running non-rfts on OEM rims without issue, couldn't possibly comment on the lack of Bridgestones, might well have something to do with the earthquake that hit Japan.
04 2.5 SE, Alpine iDA X-305, Eibach's, M Tri-Colour MFSW, CF Roundells, LeatherZ Armrest, De-Gingered, 19" VMR V710's, Aero Skirts, Fr & R M Bumpers, Quad Exhaust and NO Stubby

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Re: bridgestone tyres no stock?

Post by paddy wright » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 pm

Tyre insurance should cover any damage. +1 on the go else where- I bet somewhere will have them, as a last resort BMW stealer will.
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!