Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Will they fit?

Alloy wheels and tyre discussion
ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Will they fit?

Post by ben g » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Bumpy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm Why would anyone disagree with Mr. Wilks on anything rim + tyre ?
Plus, you have to read "all" of a post before you jump to conclusions.

I can't think of anyone more experienced to ask advice from.

Thanks again Mr. Wilks

Cheers
Bumpy

Lovin' his refurbed 108's every day :)
( With 20 / 15 spacers ) :thumbsup:
Sorry, i wasn't aware i'm not allowed to share my own experience on here.

I see this a lot on this forum. Certain members are looked up to as though they have some kind of god like status, and no one is allowed to disagree with them. It's pathetic really.

People can and do make mistakes, but rather than accept that, they try to beat around the bush and belittle others.

At the end of the day, the information provided was incorrect, and from my own experience, this particular set of wheels will fit no problem.

But you can keep believing what you want to believe if that makes you feel better :thumbsup:
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Will they fit?

Post by mr wilks » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:48 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:41 pm
Bumpy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm Why would anyone disagree with Mr. Wilks on anything rim + tyre ?

Thanks again Mr. Wilks

Cheers
Bumpy

People can and do make mistakes, but rather than accept that, they try to beat around the bush and belittle others.

At the end of the day, the information provided was incorrect, and from my own experience, this particular set of wheels will fit no problem.

I accept you are deliberately blunt & at times rude but put that down to attention seeking or some sort of attitude problem , i genuinely didn't have you down as just a complete dick , , at what point did i provide any incorrect information ? & at which point did i attempt to beat around the bush or belittle anyone ?
Within this thread is nothing other than a difference of opinion or belief ( that's fine by me ) & who's to say that you are correct ? You are offering your own advice based on a Se roadster , the Op has a Si coupe , totally not the same
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

ben g
Lifer
Lifer

Will they fit?

Post by ben g » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 pm

mr wilks wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Thanks again Mr. Wilks

Cheers
Bumpy

I accept you are deliberately blunt & at times rude but put that down to attention seeking or some sort of attitude problem , i genuinely didn't have you down as just a complete dick , , at what point did i provide any incorrect information ? & at which point did i attempt to beat around the bush or belittle anyone ?
Within this thread is nothing other than a difference of opinion or belief ( that's fine by me ) & who's to say that you are correct ? You are offering your own advice based on a Se roadster , the Op has a Si coupe , totally not the same
To seek attention, one has to want attention in the first place. I very rarely post these days. I much prefer browsing. After sharing my own experience, you then attempt to shoot me down and now resort to name calling. That's pretty childish from a ''Z4 god''.

Enjoy the humble pie, i'm sure it tastes fabulous.
Red Soft-top Sterling grey 3.0i - Z4M Front, Eibachs, Polybushed, Clear headlights, Triple clear spot rear lights, Shadow Chrome 107's, Sport MFSW, ZHP.

mr wilks
Legend
Legend

Will they fit?

Post by mr wilks » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:00 pm

ben g wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:53 pm

To seek attention, one has to want attention in the first place. I very rarely post these days. I much prefer browsing. After sharing my own experience, you then attempt to shoot me down and now resort to name calling. That's pretty childish from a ''Z4 god''.

Enjoy the humble pie, i'm sure it tastes fabulous.
Cheers for your infinite wisdom & post dissection , it was riveting :yawn:
3 ZMRs
3 E89s
5 Si coupes
5 Si roadsters
997 C4
TTRS
F82 M4
MK7 Golf Gti
current Bmw 6 Gran Turismo

Buckz

Will they fit?

Post by Buckz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 am

Thanks again Mr. Wilks

Cheers
Bumpy

because as much as mr wilks knows it is his own experience with the wheel/tyre combos he has had. I have my experience, others have theirs.. and you gotta keep in mind that each tyre will be a bit different, some are rounder and have more clearance others are stiffer sideway, less flex and not as round etc etc.

In my case I simply stated that my setup which is aggressive for the front is do-able hence why I think an extra 5mm would allow his to work.

Taz
Lifer
Lifer

Will they fit?

Post by Taz » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:05 pm

So OP are you much clearer now :rofl:

Ed Doe

Will they fit?

Post by Ed Doe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:29 pm

TL:DR, you can check your offset/tyre size and ultimately if the wheels will fit here;

http://www.willtheyfit.com/
Carbon Black '07 M Coupe: Intrax 1k2 Coilovers, AP-Racing, Raybestos ST45s, Tillets, Schroth, Vibratechnic, Apex EC7, Strongstrut, Eventuri, H&S, RTD, 4.1FD :evil:
Silver Grey '06 3.0si Coupe - SOLD :(

Z4M-2006
Lifer
Lifer

Will they fit?

Post by Z4M-2006 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Thanks again Mr. Wilks

Cheers
Bumpy

Thats where you faulted Mr Wilks...

Your character appraisal was incorrect...