Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

INPA

How-To articles are in here.
greg1953

INPA

Post by greg1953 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:52 pm

Does anyone use this programme ? is it easy ? is it as good as VAGCOM used for VW & Audi ?
Greg

Tumnus

INPA

Post by Tumnus » Tue May 16, 2017 3:37 pm

greg1953 wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:52 pm Does anyone use this programme ? is it easy ? is it as good as VAGCOM used for VW & Audi ?
Greg
I've used it, but it's fairly clunky and dated, you have to use E90 as the chassis type as there is no E89 option.

ISTA/D is a far superior application, I'd recommend this if you can get a copy and get it working. Never used VAGCOM so can't comment on that.
CC retrofit, LUX 180 Angel Eyes, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, BMW Performance Grilles, LCI Indicators, Remus exhaust, SmartTOP

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nickj1972/albums

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

INPA

Post by MACK » Thu May 18, 2017 2:21 am

Tumnus wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 3:37 pm
greg1953 wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 5:52 pm Does anyone use this programme ? is it easy ? is it as good as VAGCOM used for VW & Audi ?
Greg
I've used it, but it's fairly clunky and dated, you have to use E90 as the chassis type as there is no E89 option.

ISTA/D is a far superior application, I'd recommend this if you can get a copy and get it working. Never used VAGCOM so can't comment on that.
Agree with the above the newer ISTA D & P are easier to use/navigate. However you may find that some of the things you can view/do/change/test etc in INPA aren't always available in ISTA. Well at least in the software I have anyway. Mines from BMcables by the way.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

bradz

INPA

Post by bradz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:12 pm

It's rubbish compared to VCDS!

Clunky, Slow and hard to use!

What do you need it for? Carly is better in lots of ways but cant do everything :(
Z4M Coupe, E92 M3, E46 M3 Track car :driving:

GuidoK
Lifer
Lifer

INPA

Post by GuidoK » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:40 pm

^you cant compare carly with INPA/ISTA D
Carly is a programmer comparable with ncsExpert with very limited diagnose capabilities.

INPA and ISTA D are 100% diagnostic programs.
ISTA D is quite bulky and slow (because it reads out all the modules at once and not 1 module you select) although the communication speed very much depends on the type of interface you're using.
It supports all models

INPA has a bit of a learning curve and is only supported up to e90, but works quite fast.
And I think INPA has more capabilities for the e85 chassis at least, like for instance change satnav language packeage (not for the e89 probably as that support is limited)

So carly/ncsExpert and INPA/ISTA-D serve a different purpose.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | fully polybushed | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs Race Engineering clutch

bradz

INPA

Post by bradz » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:02 pm

I agree, all depends on what level you want...

If your looking for a simple diagnostic Carly is easy to use, If you want to go a bit further INPA, You can test/reset Adaptions check live data.

Same with coding NCS expert is quite complicated to use, Lots of the options can be easily enabled on Carly too.

I have just spent the last 3 days teaching myself to use NCS to enable M track mode :driving:
Z4M Coupe, E92 M3, E46 M3 Track car :driving: