Might be the best cost and time saving fix ever-Ebrake failure.

How-To articles are in here. Please use sub-forum for requests
4zwmb

Post by 4zwmb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi, today I encountered this video about fixing the e-brake failure. For this guy with this car it was so easy and completely free of charge! I know a lot of us have had this problem with our z4s, including me. As far as I know and from my own experience, only a software issue was able to fix the e-brake failure. However have a look at this video...makes me think if somehow ours could have been fixed this way too. I really dont know if its possible for our cars but its very interesting to see that this simple thing could have avoided us from a lot of hassle! Let me know what you think guys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMYDeivxsr4

4zwmb

Post by 4zwmb » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:54 pm

This is what you find once you try to get to the fuse box. I dont know which icon shows the fuse for the e-brake though.
z4-fusebox.jpg
z4-fusebox.jpg (195.2 KiB) Viewed 114 times

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Hi, not sure if this is related to the issue with ebrakes that seem to affect z4’s?
From what I’ve read, it seems to be a below par battery that triggers the issue & renders the software faulty requiring an updated version to be applied at the dealers.
I’d be surprised if a reboot is going to fix that, it won’t hurt to try it though as it’s quick & cheap :)
Rob

e89 Sdrive2.0 18i which has apparently turned into a 20i :D
e89 Sdrive3.0i this ones busted, pass me another
e85 3.0si-sold my trouble free car...