Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Where to position axle stands on an E89

How-To articles are in here.
Tricky Dicky

Where to position axle stands on an E89

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sun May 10, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi folks
There is another topic re this subject so apologies ,but before I start jacking the zed up and resting on axle stands I would like confirmation about where I position them ,this was easy with my old lotus and our MX5 had a jack , , there is some info on the forum but it seems vague , I take the view if it can happen it will ,I've already got a jacking block so ,any exact advice showing where to exactly position axle stands would be appreciated . :thumbsup:
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving:

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Where to position axle stands on an E89

Post by Nictrix » Sun May 10, 2015 9:29 pm

I suppose it really depends on how many wheels you want to remove at the one time.
You can jack the car using one of the jack points until both wheels on that side are off the ground then lower it onto an axle stand positioned under the other jack point.
When its lowered you can do the same on the opposite side and have either both front wheels, both rear wheels or if you leave the jack in place 3 wheels.
Without a long reach low trolley jack I dont know how else you could safely have all wheels off the ground.
I have no doubt there will be other places to place an axle stand under the car to raise all wheels but I would not be comfortable finding out where would work.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Maniac
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Maniac » Sun May 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Nictrix wrote:You can jack the car using one of the jack points until both wheels on that side are off the ground then lower it onto an axle stand positioned under the other jack point.
This is what I do.

Tricky Dicky

Post by Tricky Dicky » Sun May 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Maniac wrote:
Nictrix wrote:You can jack the car using one of the jack points until both wheels on that side are off the ground then lower it onto an axle stand positioned under the other jack point.
This is what I do.
Thanks guys this is the answer I've been looking for , seems very sensible and safe for me and Zed :thumbsup:
2013 E89 Z4 2.0L M Spec titanium silver,black leather,comfort pack, 19" 326 alloys ,I love this car. :driving: