Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Connecteddrive Multimedia entertainment online

Deferd

Post by Deferd » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi,new Z4 registered and purchased 2016.Has connecteddrive and the brochure says that I can download apps that BMW have approved and I can then use them in car.I want to use deezer.The problem I have is that when I go to connecteddrive multimedia there is no option for entertainment online through which apps are downloaded.
When I phoned the BMW help centre they said that I can use deezer via my mobile phone in the car if I just connect the mobile phone in car, kind of defeats the purpose , I said the brochure says I should be able to download the deezer app and various other apps in my car, they said my car does not provide that service which to me seems odd given that they have given me connecteddrive.
Anyone else have a 2.0.i.sdrive Msport automatic and can comment on this.

E89_Gaz

Post by E89_Gaz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Do the later E89s have the NBT Headunit? If so, from the Connected Drive Portal (for my 4 series);
To use Deezer, simply download the latest version of the Deezer app for iPhone and connect your smartphone to your BMW via the USB port or snap-in adapter. Then straight away you’ll be able to experience the individual functions via the iDrive Controller, the display and audio system in your vehicle.
It seems the same applies to Amazon Music, Spotify and Napster. There is an additional BMW subscription streaming service you can run directly from the Car (assume NBT?), that has a month free trial available.

NeilMick

Post by NeilMick » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:39 pm

All E89's came with CIC Navigation, unfortunately BMW Apps aren't available on this for the Z4. They did a retrofit kit for the E90 I believe but don't think this fits our cars.
Current - F31 330i & SLK 350
Previous - E89 35is
Previous E86 3.0si

Deferd

Post by Deferd » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:32 pm

Thankyou for that information..when I bought this Z4 brand new in October 2016 the brochure said the apps were available they also said you can use the Internet in your car but neither is true apparently the internet service was withdrawn because it was so unreliable and the apps are a pay as you go service so most people just hook up their mobile phone and use their phone apps for music.
Never mind its still a cracking car , easily the best car I've ever had I just love it and that's not even with the roof down.

extrablatt

Post by extrablatt » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:31 am

Deferd wrote:Thankyou for that information..when I bought this Z4 brand new in October 2016 the brochure said the apps were available they also said you can use the Internet in your car but neither is true apparently the internet service was withdrawn because it was so unreliable and the apps are a pay as you go service so most people just hook up their mobile phone and use their phone apps for music.
Never mind its still a cracking car , easily the best car I've ever had I just love it and that's not even with the roof down.
The apps definitely work on my 2013 Z4. I use the Spotify app all the time in the car. After you connecting it through the cable? As that's when it goes into 'app' mode.

I launch Spotify on my phone, and as soon as I connect the to the USB cable -- which I leave in my armrest -- Spotify appears on the menu in the iDrive, assuming you've pressed the Media button on the iDrive controller.

There can sometimes be a delay of what feels like forever but is in all likelihood probably only 15s. you'll know it's worked, as Spotify on your phone goes into car mode and you only see a dismiss button on your phone. You can now browse Spotify through the iDrive controller :thumbsup:

The audio quality is much better over the wired connection through the Spotify BMW app, when compared with Bluetooth streaming.
2013 E89 35iS Mineral White
19" 326M | heated seats & wheel | pro nav & hifi | stubby

Gone: 2010 E89 23i Space Grey

Chezsherman

Post by Chezsherman » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:09 am

extrablatt wrote:
Deferd wrote:Thankyou for that information..when I bought this Z4 brand new in October 2016 the brochure said the apps were available they also said you can use the Internet in your car but neither is true apparently the internet service was withdrawn because it was so unreliable and the apps are a pay as you go service so most people just hook up their mobile phone and use their phone apps for music.
The apps definitely work on my 2013 Z4. I use the Spotify app all the time in the car. After you connecting it through the cable? As that's when it goes into 'app' mode.

I launch Spotify on my phone, and as soon as I connect the to the USB cable -- which I leave in my armrest -- Spotify appears on the menu in the iDrive, assuming you've pressed the Media button on the iDrive controller.

There can sometimes be a delay of what feels like forever but is in all likelihood probably only 15s. you'll know it's worked, as Spotify on your phone goes into car mode and you only see a dismiss button on your phone. You can now browse Spotify through the iDrive controller :thumbsup:

The audio quality is much better over the wired connection through the Spotify BMW app, when compared with Bluetooth streaming.

I've got this function on my car 2014 20i but am still trying to work everything out normally just use the Bluetooth but think I might start using the USB port when I purchase a spare cable.
Previous car Bmw z4 2.0i sport 07 plate, sapphire black, M sport interior. now with Gaptech RCH+ module, MTec drilled and grooved disks, MV1 alloys in a dark chrome finish.
Current car E89 2014 20i sdrive msport with idrive.

Deferd

Post by Deferd » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi, yes mine does this too but in the newer versions of the BMW you get the apps such as Spotify on the idrive screen in your car without having to use your phone at all because the car has direct connectivity to the internet , I was just making the point that the Z4 I bought 2016 does not have this direct internet connectivity to download apps such as Spotify.