Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

P0579 Error Code - Thermostat

CayugaSpeedster

P0579 Error Code - Thermostat

Post by CayugaSpeedster » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:38 am

Recently had my '14 Z4 28 on the track for the day. Toward end of session, yellow engine light came on. Error code reads P0579 - apparently a thermostat issue. Anyone had this issue? I don't notice anything different and the drive back from the track went OK (it's an hour and a half drive) - no overheating or other issues, and the thermostat is apparently designed to fail in the open position. I rather suspect the stress of the track may have caused a wire to come loose (it was my ninth or tenth track day with the car) - can anyone give me a decent description of exactly where the thermostat is located on the N20? Spent considerable time googling and couldn't get a decent image showing exactly where it is. I'd like to check the connections before I surrender her to the BMW mechanics (they have not been kind to my various BMWs in the past). Appreciate any suggestions, advice, guidance. Thanks.