Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anyone know what these codes mean?

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Just done a carly scan after deleting a few codes last week.
The following 3 reappeared.
I have tried google but cant see any answers.....

Anyone on here know what they might mean?

00a6a4 - exceeding the speed?? Something to do with the roof? I have never put it up or down when moving though.

00a089 watchdog timer - no idea

00387f power management - no idea

Car seems to run fine, so Im not overly concerned, just wondering if anyone knows what they might be?

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:01 am

Not all 'fault codes' are actually faults it's just the various ECU's recording operation & usage data.
Did your car show a yellow fault light on the dash or did you just scan for the 'fun of it'?
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:14 am

Kugaman1 wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:19 pm Just done a carly scan after deleting a few codes last week.
The following 3 reappeared.
I have tried google but cant see any answers.....

Anyone on here know what they might mean?

00a6a4 - exceeding the speed?? Something to do with the roof? I have never put it up or down when moving though.

00a089 watchdog timer - no idea

00387f power management - no idea

Car seems to run fine, so Im not overly concerned, just wondering if anyone knows what they might be?
I can tell you what a watchdog timer is.
A watchdog timer (WDT) is a bit of hardware that monitors the execution of code to reset the processor if the software crashes. For many years there has been a raging debate in the embedded world about their importance. More than a few engineers feel WDTs are unnecessary; a better solution, they claim, is to write firmware that does not crash. That is a noble sentiment, for perfection is a lofty and admirable goal.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:43 am

Cheers, was just a scan for the fun of it!

Ive had the odd issue with the remotes not opening the car (both have had new batteries fitted).

However when I go up to the car and open the door, it unlocks fine (comfort opening).....

Will keep an eye on it....hopefully just a glitch...

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 am

I have my car coded to open the roof with the key fob. If I am walking towards the rear of the car and do this sometimes once the boot lid opens it blocks the signal path and the process stops. If I then walk out of the 'shadow' of the boot lid, off it goes again. Might be a good idea to define the location of the key signal sensor in the car. It may have an exposed 'window' which may be dusty?

Regardless, at least your not worrying any more so thats a bonus :D
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather