Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Washer level/jets

RoyS

Washer level/jets

Post by RoyS » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:36 pm

Yesterday while having a play on the back roads by computer came up saying fill washer fluid, I thought nothing of it and I'de fill it up when I got home. When I got home the washer was still full as predicted turned off and back on fault gone tried spraying the jets and now it just dribbles out of the jet points any ideas guys? It tried putting a pin down to see if its limescale then tried again it shoots a jet at the windscreen (hit at the bottom) and the continues to dribble out...

James_P

Re: Washer level/jets

Post by James_P » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 am

The computer on mine has spells of saying the fluid needs filling and it never does.

The only time the jets have been as you describe was when BMW filled it for me using their screenwash when I have been using something else.
2011 Z4sDrive35is

Talksthetorque

Post by Talksthetorque » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:56 am

Apparently the mixing of bmw fluid and other fluid causes a goop in the washer bottle. Had to clear it out of the 330 once. Might be worth a shot.

RoyS

Post by RoyS » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Thanks for the replys guys, how would you recommend clear it out?

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm

There is a filter under the pump. You need to twist the pump to remove from the bottle from memory and then you can access the filter to clean.

Also easy to remove the entire container, only 1 screw holds it in place so easy to give a good clean.

Just be thankful the container isn't in the wing like on some BMW's

Visionist

Post by Visionist » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Shame there's on intensive cleaning system on the E89. It had become something of a tradition on BMWs, like the triangle in the bootlid.

...the E89 does have the triangle in the bootlid, doesn't it?
2011 35i "Il Cammello" - Orion Metallic / Pure White Design - Almost Fully Loaded