Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

520D touring M sport

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
bluespit

520D touring M sport

Post by bluespit » Sun May 14, 2017 3:54 pm

with reluctance and trepidation I've decided to see if I can part with my much loved 5 series. We really don't need 6 cars between 2 of us and although this one does everything the others do the same jobs too.

its 2013 on a 62 plate, with just over 35000 miles. Mine since about 6 months old and BMW car before me. Service pack until Jan 2018 and MOT the same . IT's washed and vacuumed weekly, polished at least 4 times per year and clayed annually. Its fully BMW serviced and has had the Aricon Condensor fix. Needed nothing else other one tyre in my ownership (nail).

Not sure of the codes for these things but it has some nice extras, Round the corner headlight, auto main beam, flappy paddle sport gearbox, and electric tailgate.

Some photos taken today..

[IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... 82jslr.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... siykrp.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... sigard.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... 8xuvyr.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm36 ... ef9pte.jpg[/IMG]

it carries its age and miles very well, one slight parking dent on the lower front door and a few light stone chips on the front bumper. A little curb rash under the front spoiler if you fancy lying on the ground to see.

Its had one minor ding in my ownership where a young lady failed to park correctly and scratched the front wing. All correctly repaired. Still has all BMW glass.

Juts done around 1000 miles in the last 2 weeks at 54mpg including some really bad traffic around Birmingham.

I don't need the money, space or anything else. I'm not desperate to sell either but I want £15000 for the car. not £14000 or £14500 thanks. Theres a couple in similar spec available up and down the country for a couple of £££ more. I'm not saying mine is a bargain but its dam fine well looked after example.

more photos and viewing very welcome, but lets not waste anyones time please

thanks
now I'm about to have more time I've suddenly got less toys to play with!

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

520D touring M sport

Post by paddy wright » Sun May 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Lovely example! GLWTS
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

520D touring M sport

Post by Number5 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:19 pm

I'm on my second one of these and I'll would happily buy a third.
Great cars that offer luxurious comfort and they just eat up the miles.
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

Ben-R

520D touring M sport

Post by Ben-R » Sun May 14, 2017 9:45 pm

Stunning car you have there, it will make someone a very happy owner.

Good luck with the sale :thumbsup:
E85 3.0i SE Auto
F10 530d SE Auto
MX5 mk1 (with lots of upgrades!)

Previous:
E39 528i
E36 318i

Izzyspi

520D touring M sport

Post by Izzyspi » Sun May 14, 2017 10:05 pm

That's lovely! :thumbsup:
Had a 525d, same year as yours, couple of years ago.
Best car I've ever owned for eating up the miles. Was so close to getting another one this year when I swapped my A7, but found a Merc that was too good an offer to refuse. Can feel an F10/11 coming again at some point - that interior is just perfection, even now they are 7 years old!!
03 3.0i SE | Titan Silver | Red M Sport Leather | 313s | lots of other good stuff.....
Sold - SLK55 AMG
Sold - 03 3.0i SE | Titan Silver | Red Leather | 224s

bluespit

520D touring M sport

Post by bluespit » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm

No takers before I approach the wbac mob (valuation exactly £15k)

Ewazix
Lifer
Lifer

520D touring M sport

Post by Ewazix » Thu May 18, 2017 7:01 pm

bluespit wrote: Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm No takers before I approach the wbac mob (valuation exactly £15k)

It would be interesting to hear what wbac actually settle on if you go that way, they seem to get a lot of flack for nit-picking deductions, although your's looks lovely and aught to sell privately really :thumbsup:
2003 2.5 SE, low miles, Sterling Grey, 108's & Eagles, no stubby here! Unmolested.
2018 Cooper S Countryman
Fiesta Ecoboost

bluespit

520D touring M sport

Post by bluespit » Thu May 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Same here, may try the local BMW dealer as well, bought it from there and would still look good on their forecourt

can't be doing with auto trader and eBay. OK for selling my old classics as I know the market and protocols and folk tend to be genuine. I'd expect a lot of messers from a private sale off eBay, etc.

still a reluctant sale but it's not budged for nearly a week now and I can't see it getting used that much over the next few months as I'll use the Z more as long as the weather holds out. Doubt I'll do 1000miles between now and October!

IRD

520D touring M sport

Post by IRD » Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 pm

Sold my 2014 X1 to WBAC last year. It was literally spotless with very few miles on it and they tried to knock £2000 off the their original valuation. Very generously that was reduced to £700 below the price they had given when I threatened to walk away. We had all the usual garbage about ringing district managers etc. Anyway after a lot of haggling we settled for a reduction of £500. I think these guys are paid bonuses the lower they can make the purchase price. I had committed to another car so I needed to sell. I wouldn't deal with them again.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

520D touring M sport

Post by Ducklakeview » Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm

WBAC have a "check & pricelist" EVERY stone chip, they want £60 off, every little ding, another £60, wheel scuffs, yup £60 per wheel... All plus VAT, cheeky sods as there is no VAT element in used cars, unless they are vans, or VAT qualifying (which would be very rare for them to be sold to WBAC)

They then total it all up and hit you in the balls...

Cheekiest of all, is that they don't actually do any of the work, as the majority of their stuff is simply transported off to BCA auctions and the likes, they retail VERY few cars, and probably not the mint ones, just the ones they can make a killing on...

Would be interesting to see just what they offer after inspection compared to their orig £15k valuation, seeing as the car looks mint...

Mike

bluespit

520D touring M sport

Post by bluespit » Fri May 19, 2017 10:16 pm

Made the mistake of taking it to work today......

Why on earth I want to sell this is beyond me!!! No way could I buy anything better for £15,000.

Also spotted wbac's fees of around £100.. won't be arguing with some spotty oik trying to tell me how much less than valuation my car is worth when I'm sure it'll end up on a forecourt for around £2000 more than I'm asking for it. I'm ok with that as whoever ends up selling it has their overheads and a warranty to cover.

May still go along for the sport!,,,