Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

EE Signal box - ACQUIRED

You must have a post count >25 to post adverts in here (private sales only, no traders)
sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

EE Signal box - ACQUIRED

Post by sp3ctre » Tue May 03, 2016 8:58 pm

Long shot but does anyone have an EE signal box they don't use anymore?
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

EE Signal box

Post by markeg » Tue May 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Thought they had to be issued by EE to a user, and registered to their mobile number?
I have one, but its company owned... otherwise I'd bin the POC. Always dropping calls, and really small coverage area.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

EE Signal box

Post by sp3ctre » Tue May 03, 2016 9:36 pm

I have heard different views, some say you register the id if the box to your postcode. I also have a work EE phone so I can maybe register it to that.
If you are looking for low cost UK insurance, visit our official Z4-forum insurance scheme

Rob_benton

EE Signal box

Post by Rob_benton » Tue May 03, 2016 10:17 pm

It does have to be registered to your home address and then won't work anywhere else. I tried.

The performance was mixed. You have to have a good speed or it suffers with other devices being used in the house.

I now use the wifi call on my iPhone instead. My own opinion is they are not worth it now with wifi calling.
2005 Z4 3.0 Black, Zhp gear knob.

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

EE Signal box

Post by sp3ctre » Tue May 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Rob_benton wrote:It does have to be registered to your home address and then won't work anywhere else. I tried.

The performance was mixed. You have to have a good speed or it suffers with other devices being used in the house.

I now use the wifi call on my iPhone instead. My own opinion is they are not worth it now with wifi calling.
I used wifi calling on my work phone and it was rubbish, dropped calls and nobody could tell what I was saying... that's with >50mbps internet connection. I can't use wifi calling on my tmobile phone though, hence am looking for a signal box.

Rob_benton

EE Signal box

Post by Rob_benton » Tue May 03, 2016 10:31 pm

sp3ctre wrote:
Rob_benton wrote:It does have to be registered to your home address and then won't work anywhere else. I tried.

I used wifi calling on my work phone and it was rubbish, dropped calls and nobody could tell what I was saying... that's with >50mbps internet connection. I can't use wifi calling on my tmobile phone though, hence am looking for a signal box.
That's surprising. I only get 10 meg and wificall is better than my EE booster box.

I ordered my booster from EE for around £28.

When I realised how bad it was, they refunded me luckily.
2005 Z4 3.0 Black, Zhp gear knob.

markeg
Lifer
Lifer

EE Signal box

Post by markeg » Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 pm

I was told by EE last week that wifi calling on the iPhone was pretty useless ( I have a 6S) and it's either network, or signal box for weak signal areas. My experience of wifi is much the same - bad line quality, dropped calls, and inability to seamlessly transition a call from mobile to wifi without disconnecting. If you contact EE they can provide stats of dropped call ratios etc - usual is around 3-5%, but with mine it was at 11%.
previous: Alpina Roadster S, #108: gone
current: MB C-class
"veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around..."

sp3ctre
Site Admin
Site Admin

EE Signal box - ACQUIRED

Post by sp3ctre » Sat May 21, 2016 4:29 pm

Update on this for anyone interested... I got one through work, it needed registering so not sure how I would've got on otherwise. Anyway, I now have full signal throughout the house and it works flawlessly. I have tested it on a few half hour conversations and call quality was 100% with no drop outs. In contrast, WiFi calling was rubbish.