Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2006 e85 Z4 roadster 3.0si 41,000 miles ***SOLD***

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Rusky

2006 e85 Z4 roadster 3.0si 41,000 miles

Post by Rusky » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm

I was a day late in phoning about this car when it previously sold. :headbang:
Happy with my silver smg though so glwts. :thumbsup:
3.0l Silver SMG, whippy and ginge fringe/ Sound gen mod/ Media bridge fitted (bluetooth and audio streaming) / Clear third break light/ Hard Top/ Eibachs springs and DLV back box/ Roof motor in the boot/ plus lots more.

b-m-boy

Post by b-m-boy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Robz wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:37 pm
SonnyA85 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:17 pm
Robz wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:55 pm

If it sells for £8450 then I would not have made a profit. I bought the car with the intention of keeping it long term which is why I was glad to find a low mileage cared for example with a good specification and colour combination. The reality is that it spends most of its time sat in my garage as I avoid using it for short journeys or work (as safe parking is difficult) and so do most of my miles in a Toyota Aygo. I've now got kayaks and also want to do mountain biking over the summer so it makes sense to get a bigger practical car which I can put roof bars on as the Aygo isn't ideal.

Plus as others have pointed out I fully expect there will be a degree of negotiation on price as is usual.
It does seem a bit suspicious to buy a car then sell it shortly after, especially since you took great care in deciding on the car to buy in the first place. I know if I was looking to buy I would avoid this based on that. Surely you knew this car wasn't practical and that having 2 small cars would never be ideal. If this truly was such a fantastic car then why not sell the Aygo? I doubt it would be missed as much. Especially since you have spent money on it and planned on keeping it. I don't see the issue about parking either it's not an aston martin plus it will be insured, etc.

I paid just £4K for mine (I got a good deal off the previous owner) and I've spent around £4K on it. So to answer Ben judging by what the asking prices are on here I'd be looking for £6K for mine if I was in the market to sell. It has mint alloys, DSP carver system (which has been upgraded further), full electric and heated seats, roof motor relocated, 3rd brake light replaced twice second time myself to ensure it never breaks again, upgraded DISA valve, new steering motor, new rocker cover gasket, full inspection 2 plus new gearbox and diff fluids and I'll be doing even more to it. It's a 14 year old car. I planned on spending £1.5K a year on maintaining it but it's ended up being a bit more as I've upgraded the full sound system for about £1.5K. next on my list is Vanos seals and one of the front headlights keeps misting up. I may also get the backbox modded too and steering wheel re-upholstered. I will then give it a year then possibly get the interior (seats, console, etc) re-upholstered too.
I think you would have done better to buy mine then and save all the time and effort! :wink:
I think I agree with sonny, the way he is doing things to his £4k motor are all upgrades, so when he is done he will have a high spec individual car, tailored to his own spec, and, just as importantly a car he can trust as he has had all the work done himself.

Robz

Post by Robz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:51 am

Now sold to a member on here.

9designs

2006 e85 Z4 roadster 3.0si 41,000 miles ***SOLD***

Post by 9designs » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:38 am

Thanks Rob, good to meet up today at last and buy car, was cleaning till near dark tonight. :D
Just working out what tweaks and mods I may do.

Steve
57 Plate 3.0 Si Auto SilverGrey - Red Leather
E89 35iS Space Grey - Red Leather. SOLD
56 Plate 3.0 SI Manual - Black with Red Leather- Scorpion exhaust, BC coil overs SOLD
54 Plate 3.0 SE Auto - Silver with Red Leather. SOLD