Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Now Found (Pics included): E85 <£4500

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
dpereira

Post by dpereira » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:26 am

enzed4 wrote:Ditch the Schnitzer (although to be fair the black on black doesn't look too horrible, as Mr. Wilks pointed out), but defo keep the bonnet. Looks mean, and cost you nothing (relatively speaking). Only a very few would know it should be on an ///M, and it's not an uncommon mod, so you won't be looked down on as if you've plastered ///M badges everywhere.
Could the brake warning light just be because the previous owner either didn't replace the brake wear sensor, or damaged the new one replacing the pads? Either way, very cheap & easy to fix if that's all it is.
Congrats on the new (to you) ride :thumbsup:
My main concern with the schnitzer spoiler is the impact on insurance premium. In terms of the bonnet, most likely will keep it though releasing some funds towards the new kitchen by changing it would make the Mrs happy :P

This was my theory with the warning light. I reckon the owner may have just forgotten about changing the sensor but tempted to pop in to kwik fit and exercise their free, no obligations brake check as they're just around the corner :D
Now: '53 2.5i E85 Sapphire black
Gone: '03 Cooper S
Gone: '56 3.0Si Sapphire Black w/ red leather
Gone: '06 2.5Si Sterling Silver

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:33 am

dpereira wrote:
enzed4 wrote:Ditch the Schnitzer (although to be fair the black on black doesn't look too horrible, as Mr. Wilks pointed out), but defo keep the bonnet. Looks mean, and cost you nothing (relatively speaking). Only a very few would know it should be on an ///M, and it's not an uncommon mod, so you won't be looked down on as if you've plastered ///M badges everywhere.
Could the brake warning light just be because the previous owner either didn't replace the brake wear sensor, or damaged the new one replacing the pads? Either way, very cheap & easy to fix if that's all it is.
Congrats on the new (to you) ride :thumbsup:
My main concern with the schnitzer spoiler is the impact on insurance premium. In terms of the bonnet, most likely will keep it though releasing some funds towards the new kitchen by changing it would make the Mrs happy :P

This was my theory with the warning light. I reckon the owner may have just forgotten about changing the sensor but tempted to pop in to kwik fit and exercise their free, no obligations brake check as they're just around the corner :D
Free - the best price :thumbsup:
Wonder how much you'll get for the Schnitzer? Could be a hard sell, but you don't know until you try.
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

dpereira

Post by dpereira » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:15 pm

I wouldn't be too fussed with what I get for the AC Schnitzer, may be an interesting one to put on a 10 day eBay auction and whether it gets £10 or £100 it would be interesting to find out and would feel fair to me.
Now: '53 2.5i E85 Sapphire black
Gone: '03 Cooper S
Gone: '56 3.0Si Sapphire Black w/ red leather
Gone: '06 2.5Si Sterling Silver

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

looks like a great buy! :) I'd keep the M hood too, actually like the spoiler too! seems to work well on black car.