Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Looking for a Z4 3.0si Coupe

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 am

Hi guys,

I'm on the lookout for a manual Z4 3.0si (06 - 09) coupe and was wondering if any of you know of any decent examples for me to take a look at. The need for a sporty car has overcome me finally and the Z4 caught my eye as a stunning looking car, and I've read many reports that the N52 is a superb engine. I've tried the Honda S2000 and whilst it is fantastic fun, very manic, it's also very spartan in terms of equipment which is a hard pill to swallow when coming from a fully loaded Lexus GS450h.

I'm in the Leicestershire area and have found a couple of examples. Does anyone know of these:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... =si&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... =40&page=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... =40&page=1

As I mentioned above, I'll be coming from a (59) Lexus GS-450h, and I'll be looking to sell/trade this so my ideal ballpark figure for the Z4 is around £7 - £9k.

Thanks guys,
Josh
Last edited by JoshW on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:56 am

Decide on a list of things you want and things you don't mind.

my main things when picking one up were -;

Xenons
Sport spec(suspension etc)
manual
silver/black/blue with red/black/white(grey?) leather.

SE's will usually go for a bit less than the sport spec so it depends what you're looking for really.

The blue one has been for sale for a while and I believe it was owned by one of the forum members.. can't remember his username now! :) I'd check the coupe market watch thread and see if you can spot any of the above that you posted.

otherwise good luck with the search, I love mine!

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:02 am

Buckz wrote:Decide on a list of things you want and things you don't mind.

my main things when picking one up were -;

Xenons
Sport spec(suspension etc)
manual
silver/black/blue with red/black/white(grey?) leather.

SE's will usually go for a bit less than the sport spec so it depends what you're looking for really.

The blue one has been for sale for a while and I believe it was owned by one of the forum members.. can't remember his username now! :) I'd check the coupe market watch thread and see if you can spot any of the above that you posted.

otherwise good luck with the search, I love mine!
What's the major differences between SE and Sport? I would imagine suspension to be a factor but do you know anything else off the top of your head?

I think my main points would be:
- Manual gearbox
- Xenons
- Heated Seats
- Parking sensors

Thanks for this, much appreciated! Exterior colour and leather colour aren't massively important details to me, I'm quite open to any as I think they all look quite nice.

Thanks,
Josh

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am

3.0si coupe - Sport / SE
The 3.0si sport is the one to go for as you will get the M sport steering wheel and M sports seats.
The only advantage the SE has over the sport IMO is a better ride due to less harsh suspension, I found the sport suspension on my previous Zed very unforgiving, whereas the SE gets the balance just right.
I believe that most coupes are sport variants, but there are one or two SEs out there.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:20 am

This -;

not sure if that's the full list but many SE specced cars have bits like sports seats, msport steering wheel etc! :)

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Marlon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:25 am

Buckz wrote:This -;

not sure if that's the full list but many SE specced cars have bits like sports seats, msport steering wheel etc! :)
Its worth pointing out to the OP that the SE doesn't come with M sport seats or M sport wheel as standard - they are optional extras. Its the Sport model that has them as standard.
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Buckz

Post by Buckz » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:36 am

Marlon wrote:
Buckz wrote:This -;

Its worth pointing out to the OP that the SE doesn't come with M sport seats or M sport wheel as standard - they are optional extras. Its the Sport model that has them as standard.
yup! i've seen some very high spec SE cars for sale :) I agree my sports suspension is crashy when daily driving but on a good hoon it is a lot of fun!

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 pm

I've done a bit of digging and found that the blue Z4 was owned by a fellow forum member 'jamie_z4'. Was sold to a webuyanycar type company with a faulty ABS pump, I assume the dealer has fixed this problem - was originally listed for £10.5k. Funnily enough reading through Jamie's posts, it has had quite a fair bit of maintenance done to it - prop shaft and seals replaced, rocker cover, tailgate replacement and drivers side resprayed. The only aftermarkets I can identify from his post are the wheels and H&R lowering springs.

The only thing that is a slight concern is the last service was done in late 2015 so this would need factoring in, and the potential ABS problem which I assume they have probably rectified.

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Jamie's Z4 has been sold. Darn that looked quite a good buy as well

DazZ4

Post by DazZ4 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Hey Josh,

I've recently had a midnight blue 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport given to me. As lucky as I am to be given such a cool and rapid car at my young age, the running costs and insurance cost (young driver) are already taking their toll on me and I just can't afford to keep it.

It's in good condition for a 2007 car and has under 46k miles.

Let me know if you might be interested, I'm open to offers. Just decided to get rid of it today, so will be putting it up for auction on eBay within the next few weeks once I find some time to take some nice pics of it.

Daz

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:40 pm

DazZ4 wrote:Hey Josh,

I've recently had a midnight blue 2007 Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport given to me. As lucky as I am to be given such a cool and rapid car at my young age, the running costs and insurance cost (young driver) are already taking their toll on me and I just can't afford to keep it.

It's in good condition for a 2007 car and has under 46k miles.

Let me know if you might be interested, I'm open to offers. Just decided to get rid of it today, so will be putting it up for auction on eBay within the next few weeks once I find some time to take some nice pics of it.

Daz
A few pics would be great when you get the chance.

What kind of service history does the car have - could you provide some details on when it's been serviced and where if possible, and how many owners have previously owned it?

Many Thanks,
Josh

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:42 pm

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:48 pm

ahh has it sold now! it took them nearly 4 months! Shame Josh, you missed out there it was a good car aside the abs pump issue! Good luck with your search :)
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

jamie_z4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by jamie_z4 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:51 pm

JoshW wrote:Anyone recognise this Z4:
http://leestatecars.co.uk/stock.php?item=7
He does shift a lot of Z4's that guy, so must know them well, obvs its a bit leggy, which wouldnt put me off but bear in mind the common 3.0 N52 pitfalls

ABS pump (As i found out) range from a fix of £500-£2000
Steering will more than likley be a problem at speed - search on here for steering issues at speed - osciliation
Water pump £500
18 Z4s owned to date.

Current: 2.5i Titan silver

Daily driver: 480bhp M140i Shadow edition.

JoshW

Post by JoshW » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:06 pm

jamie_z4 wrote:ahh has it sold now! it took them nearly 4 months! Shame Josh, you missed out there it was a good car aside the abs pump issue! Good luck with your search :)
Thanks, gonna have a bit of trouble trying to shift this Lexus GS-450h I reckon though, either that or bite the bullet and trade it for quite a loss. Yeah messaged them the other day and he said it has sold sadly, looked awesome in your photos. I assume they must have repaired the old ABS pump or banged on a used part as there was no mention of it.

Just a case of tracking down a nice one now that's decently specced. Came across this, looks interesting:
http://www.priddysmotorcompany.co.uk/ca ... c/109215/0