Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

A couple of my cars have to go

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
metal licker
Lifer
Lifer

Post by metal licker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:01 am

pj westerby wrote:Edited to add: I'm in West Wycombe, in Bucks and I'll get some pics up when I've figured out how.

Reluctantly two of my cars have to go so before I place a full advert in the usual places I thought I'd offer them on here first. One is more closely related to the Z3MC than the other, but they're both relatively sought after cars so I thought they may be of interest.

Both cars are kept garaged and have no fluid leaks or hidden nasties!

First up is my 2007 Z4M Coupe in Ruby Schwartz (black with an incredible red flip when it catches the sun) with full heated Imola red leather. It's done 67,000 miles with full service history (including the running-in service). It has two previous owners. The wheels are immaculate (with great Pirelli P Zero tyres) and the paintwork is outstanding. Obviously it drives as it should. There are currently only 12 listed on Autotrader and nine on Pistonheads and price / mileage-wise there is nothing under £20k with less than 70,000 miles - for a quick hassle-free sale I would consider sensible offers below that though.

Second is my 2003 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S Tiptronic S Coupe. I bought it four years ago when it had 59,000 miles and it now has around 65,000 with Full Service History. Midnight Blue with full Ivory leather "to customer sample". Electric seats. PCM 2 Sat Nav. 6 CD. Porsche Sports Exhaust with quad tips. There are NO fluid leaks and the underside is as dry as a bone (the Tiptronic did not suffer as badly as the manual cars for RMS or IMS bearing failures). The A/C is ice cold and the condenser rads were replaced when I bought the car. Immaculate wheels with great tyres and body and paint is superb. As with the Z4MC it drives as it should. Not quite as rare as the MC, there are currently only 40 coupes listed on Autotrader and 39 Pistonheads, so still not exactly high volumes. Price-wise with sub 70k they seem to kick off around £21-22k and I would think with this desirable spec (ie not savannah / grey / beige leather and with Nav) mine probably warrants being advertised at around £23k but again I will consider offers at below this level.

Offers invited, but let's not take the mickey! Please PM me for any further info.

Just one request, feel free to post buying advice for any prospective buyers but please don't post comments regarding values - as demonstrated above I have done a little bit of research and I am prepared to accept less than what I see as market value for a quick hassle free sale otherwise I will just have to suffer the tyre-kicking general public!

Forum rules - you need to put a price up for the cars :wink:
718 4.0 GTS Boxster in YELLOW :driving:
718 Guards Red Boxster .........Gone!
A35 AMG saloon .........Gone!
JCW ...........Gone !
E89 35i Msport VO ................Gone !
E89 23i SE DSB ................Gone !

Hello to Jason Isaacs

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:30 am

Sorry OP, but I just spotted a mint dealer 07, ruby black, white leather, 52K, 12 month warranty and breakdown cover asking 20,990. will be calling them in the mornin.

I'm out. but glwts.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

pj westerby

Post by pj westerby » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:29 am

Mr Tidy wrote:Some collection you must have OP if you are selling a Z4MC and a 911, but will still have a Z3MC! :lol:
Thanks - I'm curious though, how you know I have the Z3MC...? Certainly won't be selling that one #neversell :D

pj westerby

Post by pj westerby » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:52 am

Chris_D wrote:Sorry OP, but I just spotted a mint dealer 07, ruby black, white leather, 52K, 12 month warranty and breakdown cover asking 20,990. will be calling them in the mornin.

I'm out. but glwts.
No problem - good luck with your search / purchase.

Indeed, I'd seen that one, nice mileage (although there's no mention of it being "mint" and the black alloys are something of an acquired taste). Not wanting to detract from their offering, but it was reported to have a leaking diff so I'd advise giving it a thorough inspection if you do manage to get to Newcastle to view it.

As per my post, I am open to offers sub £20k so there'd be a saving there too. :)

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

pj westerby wrote:
Mr Tidy wrote:Some collection you must have OP if you are selling a Z4MC and a 911, but will still have a Z3MC! :lol:
Thanks - I'm curious though, how you know I have the Z3MC...? Certainly won't be selling that one #neversell :D
Perhaps this comment? :D
pj westerby wrote: I'm on the Z3M Coupe forum too and have posted more often on there really.
Now if that Porsche was a 993 ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

Dave1971

Post by Dave1971 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:45 am

Chris_D wrote:Sorry OP, but I just spotted a mint dealer 07, ruby black, white leather, 52K, 12 month warranty and breakdown cover asking 20,990. will be calling them in the mornin.

I'm out. but glwts.
I've been to that garage a couple of years ago to look at a Porsche they had for sale, it looked like a descent place and they guy I spoke to was friendly and helpful but if I'm not mistaken that car has been for sale for well over a year so I'd be giving it a very good look over.
Zed No 1 2004 e85 Z4 2.2 se
Zed No 2 2007 e85 Imola Red Z4MR
Zed No 3 2006 e85 Ruby Black 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 4 2009 e89 Deep see blue 35i sDrive
Zed No 5 2006 e85 Titan silver 3.0si Roadster
Zed No 6 2004 e85 Black Sapphire Alpina Roadster S Lux #073

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Just off the phone with the dealer. Diplomatically threw in suggestions that this was a 'known car' with perhaps a couple of issues and dismissed claim of a leaky diff and welcomed any inspection/appraisal. swings n roundabouts.
Also very candid that he's had it in his own possession for about a year and has had it up for sale a couple of times during that time depending on 'market trends and demand'.
has had 5 main dealer stamps and a last one from 'supercar room' insp II. no issues at all stages apparently.
offered to move on the asking price although wouldnt be specific. presuming 500 sponds after a haggle. maybe more if any inspection issues get thrown up.

so, the dilemma; becoming tempted to move into M territory again after initially deciding a sorted 3.0 coupe at no more than 15k would suffice...... :coffee:

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 pm

PM sent OP.

LostBoy_84

Post by LostBoy_84 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Chris_D wrote:Just off the phone with the dealer. Diplomatically threw in suggestions that this was a 'known car' with perhaps a couple of issues and dismissed claim of a leaky diff and welcomed any inspection/appraisal. swings n roundabouts.
Also very candid that he's had it in his own possession for about a year and has had it up for sale a couple of times during that time depending on 'market trends and demand'.
has had 5 main dealer stamps and a last one from 'supercar room' insp II. no issues at all stages apparently.
offered to move on the asking price although wouldnt be specific. presuming 500 sponds after a haggle. maybe more if any inspection issues get thrown up.

so, the dilemma; becoming tempted to move into M territory again after initially deciding a sorted 3.0 coupe at no more than 15k would suffice...... :coffee:
That car was owned by forum member simonlpearce.
No known issues with it as far as I'm aware but could look back through his posts if you want more info on it.
Gone but not forgotten
2007 Z4///M Coupé | Silver Grey | Imola Nappa Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | Nav | Cruise | PDC | Heated Seats | CSL's | H&R's

Current
2009 Ibis White Audi R8 V10 | 6-speed Manual | Lots of Carbon

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:58 pm

LostBoy_84 wrote:
Chris_D wrote:Just off the phone with the dealer. Diplomatically threw in suggestions that this was a 'known car' with perhaps a couple of issues and dismissed claim of a leaky diff and welcomed any inspection/appraisal. swings n roundabouts.

No known issues with it as far as I'm aware but could look back through his posts if you want more info on it.
Nice one, thx :thumbsup:

pj westerby

Post by pj westerby » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Chris_D wrote:
LostBoy_84 wrote:

Nice one, thx :thumbsup:
Just to confirm the source of my info was the MOT history which states "Oil leak from rear diff" Hopefully not bad and now sorted.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:35 pm

LostBoy_84 wrote:

Looks like his wifey smacked into it but repaired. Also maybe some initial vanos problems indicated. Then the trail goes a bit cold for a year and as someone pointed out in simonlpearce's journal thread its been up for sale on AT for a year. Curiouser and curiouser...

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:56 am

pvr wrote:
pj westerby wrote:
Perhaps this comment? :D
pj westerby wrote: I'm on the Z3M Coupe forum too and have posted more often on there really.
Thanks pvr - that was my clue! :lol: And OP, I can fully understand why you won't be selling that one. :thumbsup:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

bena80

Post by bena80 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:33 pm

This looks like the sort of condition I am looking for. I tried to pm but dont seem eligible to do so...perhaps try and pm me. Thx Andy

pj westerby

Post by pj westerby » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:28 pm

Hi all,
A pretty good response on the Z4MC and I have now taken a deposit. All being well it is due for collection on Tuesday.
Thanks everyone for your interest!
:driving: