GOT ONE! Any M coupes for sale?

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

GOT ONE! Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm

Whilst looking for a Z4 coupe, I had the opportunity to drive an M coupe, and I’m becoming more and more tempted :lol: any forum members with Z4M coupes for sale?
Last edited by Steely on Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Mr Tidy
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3932
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:18 pm
Location: Berkshire

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:03 pm

Steely wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm
Whilst looking for a Z4 coupe, I had the opportunity to drive an M coupe,
Fortunately I didn't. :roll: :lol:

Good luck with your search. :thumbsup:

ETA Here's one!

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=99962
Z4 3.0Si Sport - Coupe for added stiffness!
Current - Montego Blue, Pearl Grey & 108Ms. Cruise, Storage and pdc. 325ti Sport as a DD.
Gone - Ruby Black, Pearl Grey & 135Ms. Xenons, heated seats and Professional speakers.

Online
User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10047
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by buzyg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Happy Hunting. :)
Image

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 pm

I have a feeling driving the M was a mistake! Wife won’t be happy anyway :lol: but sod it, if I can get one within a certain budget (Kip’s £15k Car would have been ideal but he has turned off pm’s and hasn’t replied to my email yet), so we will see!
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Online
rob1958
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by rob1958 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:23 pm

Have you driven both the Mcoupe and the 3.0si coupe and how did they compare? Im in the same position as you but the Mcoupe is probably £6K to £7K more than a comparable 3.0si.

Mcoupe is probably not worth the extra but still think the Mcoupe is the one I should buy.

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm

Well, I didn’t drive them back to back, that would be the ultimate test I guess, but it just felt sharper, more direct, can’t say it felt particularly quicker (but it was just one 20min drive, with the owner).
I think your paying 9k to 10k for a nice Z4 coupe, a really nice car, add another 8k to 10k for like 15% extra, but those few extra %’s make it extra special. For me the biggest question is the additional running costs, but I have already pretty much said sod it, you only live once, and you can’t take it with you.. just so long as “it” doesn’t take you eh :D
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Kipvr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 am

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Kipvr » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Steely wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 pm
I have a feeling driving the M was a mistake! Wife won’t be happy anyway :lol: but sod it, if I can get one within a certain budget (Kip’s £15k Car would have been ideal but he has turned off pm’s and hasn’t replied to my email yet), so we will see!
Hi, sorry chap i thought I replied to you with my phone number. I think I might have turned off PM’s by mistake, I’ll PM you again!

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Thanks Kip, I’m keen to view your car, only a couple of others in my budget and all at opposite ends of the country, yours is the most interesting though.
Kipvr wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:35 pm
Steely wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:52 pm
I have a feeling driving the M was a mistake! Wife won’t be happy anyway :lol: but sod it, if I can get one within a certain budget (Kip’s £15k Car would have been ideal but he has turned off pm’s and hasn’t replied to my email yet), so we will see!
Hi, sorry chap i thought I replied to you with my phone number. I think I might have turned off PM’s by mistake, I’ll PM you again!
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Online
rob1958
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by rob1958 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:10 am

Steely wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm
Well, I didn’t drive them back to back, that would be the ultimate test I guess, but it just felt sharper, more direct, can’t say it felt particularly quicker (but it was just one 20min drive, with the owner).
I think your paying 9k to 10k for a nice Z4 coupe, a really nice car, add another 8k to 10k for like 15% extra, but those few extra %’s make it extra special. For me the biggest question is the additional running costs, but I have already pretty much said sod it, you only live once, and you can’t take it with you.. just so long as “it” doesn’t take you eh :D
Agree with your costings. £9K+ for a nice Z4 Coupe but personally Id want even less miles than a Z4 coupe on a Z4M so double that to £18K. Whether the M is worth double is debateable. If you've got the extra money and its what you want then yes. And if you think too much about something you'll never do anything!

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 pm

I think you have to weigh the mileage against the service record, preventative maintenance, and how well it’s been kept.
Those ultra low mileage cars have still done 30-40k and are all 10/11 years old, that sort of mileage and age requires more service stamps than many of them have, and some of them are at £25k. The average mileage seems to be around 70k, they are usually getting ready for some serious expense, probably why they are all sold around that mileage.
rob1958 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:10 am
Agree with your costings. £9K+ for a nice Z4 Coupe but personally Id want even less miles than a Z4 coupe on a Z4M so double that to £18K. Whether the M is worth double is debateable. If you've got the extra money and its what you want then yes. And if you think too much about something you'll never do anything!
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Online
rob1958
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by rob1958 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Steely wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:47 pm
I think you have to weigh the mileage against the service record, preventative maintenance, and how well it’s been kept.
Those ultra low mileage cars have still done 30-40k and are all 10/11 years old, that sort of mileage and age requires more service stamps than many of them have, and some of them are at £25k. The average mileage seems to be around 70k, they are usually getting ready for some serious expense, probably why they are all sold around that mileage.
Agree an MCoupe isnt going to be a cheap car to run. When buying would be looking for a full BMW (or M specialist) service history and would have to continue with that level of service and associated costs throught ownership.

I would expect to spend money on any 10 year old car, however if properly maintained then this cost could be offset against possibly zero depreciation. At current asking prices the M Coupe is in my opinion better value, rarer and much better proposition than a similar age 911.

User avatar
Talksthetorque
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:59 pm
Location: Notts

Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Talksthetorque » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:39 am

Hi Rob, we’re selling ours and I have sent you a pm.

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

GOT ONE! Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:03 pm

I got one thanks, don't know if its possible to close the topic.

Steely wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm
Whilst looking for a Z4 coupe, I had the opportunity to drive an M coupe, and I’m becoming more and more tempted :lol: any forum members with Z4M coupes for sale?
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Online
User avatar
buzyg
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 10047
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: Cornwall

GOT ONE! Any M coupes for sale?

Post by buzyg » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm

Steely wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:03 pm
I got one thanks, don't know if its possible to close the topic.

Steely wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 pm
Whilst looking for a Z4 coupe, I had the opportunity to drive an M coupe, and I’m becoming more and more tempted :lol: any forum members with Z4M coupes for sale?
Think you just kinda did. :thumbsup:

Just one last thing.

:worthless:
Image

Steely
Member
Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:28 am

GOT ONE! Any M coupes for sale?

Post by Steely » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:43 pm

I purchased the car that was for sale here a few weeks back., it’s a cracker :-)

These are the sellers pics, I haven’t got any better myself, seems like it’s rained since the day I got the keys!
5363BC53-66D6-4546-8716-DD99F798E4EA.jpeg
5363BC53-66D6-4546-8716-DD99F798E4EA.jpeg (200.4 KiB) Viewed 191 times
252F883F-3709-4BA2-969B-97B75188F8A3.jpeg
252F883F-3709-4BA2-969B-97B75188F8A3.jpeg (579.13 KiB) Viewed 191 times
1F357B95-A52B-4D23-8B81-E9A9424E0AF7.jpeg
1F357B95-A52B-4D23-8B81-E9A9424E0AF7.jpeg (672.32 KiB) Viewed 191 times
EDD6FE15-4798-4E7B-A784-4C8CC0861465.jpeg
EDD6FE15-4798-4E7B-A784-4C8CC0861465.jpeg (676.85 KiB) Viewed 191 times
A6DB7190-FD31-4E9F-B0BC-ADB2F80BAD4D.jpeg
A6DB7190-FD31-4E9F-B0BC-ADB2F80BAD4D.jpeg (331.68 KiB) Viewed 191 times
— 07 BMW Z4M Coupe — 76 BMW 2002 — 75 ALFA GT Junior — 93 SAAB 900c — ???

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: b19rak, philipw, scooobydont and 14 guests