Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

FS: 2003 2.5i Outstanding condition

Buying and selling Z4's (VEHICLE SALES ONLY) (private sales only, no traders)
Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Ok so last year a friend after looking for a Z4 fruitlessly,she asked me to source one for her, she had a budget of 7k ish and a list of expectations of extras to be included. Well after looking for months at loads of crappy cars we eventually found this place and managed to buy a decent example here. Now when we collected this car, I was quizzed buy the seller who thought his car was the best example available and wanted to know how it stood up to the cars we had looked at, my friend the buyer was all to happy to tell him about the journeys we had taken and the cars we'd seen and how bad some of them were. She added that unfortunately she had my car as an example and had expected others to be in the same condition , which they sadly weren't , but no offence to the seller here, his car , good though it was, wasn't as good as mine and yet it was 3 years younger. A fact that was confirmed on Sunday when we attended the Duxford show, my car is certainly not a base spec but doesn't have sports seats or Nav but it's condition certainly holds up as being excellent against all the cars on show at Duxford, and I don't say that lightly as there were some nice examples .

I have played with cars and bikes for years and I'm very fussy, other members here I'm sure will testify to that :D and all the cars I have ended up selling have been sold to the first person that comes to view them, I did say I was fussy ......and I am and I guess the passion I put into making them as I want them , pleases others too.

List of spec later in print out picture but here are the main things

Heated seats
Cruise control ( retro fitted )
MFSW ( retro fitted )
Royals retrimmed steering wheel
ZHP gear knob
Electronic folding heated mirrors
Xenons with headlamp washers
Heated washer jets
Black Oregon leather seats
Professional 10 speaker HiFi with DSP amp
CD changer
Aux (MP3) input
Cup Holders ( retro fitted )
Front fogs
Wind deflector
Parrot Bluetooth
Gap tech module soldered in for remote key roof operation

Service history

PDI Cotswold BMW 28/06/03
15958 Service and inspection 1 Cotswold BMW 03/08/04
27917 Service and Inspection 1 Dick Lovett 13/06/06
34217 Service and Inspection 2 DIck Lovett 31/07/08 plus brake fluid
48362 Service and inspection 2 kiwi fit 12/05/2010
69829 Service and Inspection 1 Car Care 27/04/13
81897 Service and inspection 2 Icknield Garage 25/03/15
Full service by indepenant october 2016 at 88,000 ( now on 89,000 just ) with new discs and pads all around, 2 new rear coil springs, brake fluid change and pollen filter , and the a choice of additional wheels and tyres (as the spare 104's have gone.... but i cant remove the images )both set stripped and dipped inside and out, so..... either a set of MV2'S with 2 new uniroyal rears and and good vdreds on front, or 107's with Goodyear F1's all around all well within limits. Boths sets are Silver and both are freshly refurbed, never fitted.

I took this car in a trade against another that I sold to a friend and I've had it since 2013 and I changed the oil and filter straight away and have done so every 6 months. When I did it last time but one in November 2015 I changed the brake fluid again and replaced the roof motor as it was getting slow. I removed the complete roof assembly to do this and cleaned and lubed all the folding roof mechanism . The new roof motor has been properly sealed in its box this time, all the drain holes cleaned and I have the reciept for the replacement motor for warranty purposes. I also replaced the DISA value when I got the car as the old owner had one but hadn't fitted it .

During my ownership I took it to the south of France in 2014 and 2016 and on a run it returns nearly 40 to the gallon if driven sensibly . Around town and short journeys it's still returns mid 30's .

As you can hopefully see from the pictures the car does not have any car park dents or dings, and there are only a few stone chips around the car, and I do mean only a few, which have been touch up but you do have to look hard to find them . All the panel gaps are good and really this car does not show its 89k miles inside or out .
All the leather is intact and not scuffed away , all the trim plastics are near spotless , the ash tray is perfect working order and the handbrake tray is not scuffed either, the roof looks spotless ,which again I have treated every 6 months , hardly any creasing can be seen and its blacker than a black thing on a dark night :) .

I replaced the battery when I did the roof motor in November 2015, and the car also benifits from a genuine Bmw Aux in cable. I fitted the port in the plastic panel just above the ash tray, and also fitted a gap tech remote roof module, at the same time which is properly soldered in ,but can easily be removed if required. With the new roof motor the roof goes up and down in just over 10 seconds each way.

I also had Royal's retrim a genuine Z4 steering wheel, with perforated sections on the sides and M tri colour stitching to match the newly fitted ZHP gear knob with M logo and a perforated hand brake sleeve to match the new steering wheel leather .

The brake callipers were cleaned up and painted black along with the disc hubs and all the wheel bolts were replaced with new shiny zinc plated ones :D

The car benifits from a parrot Bluetooth kit that works excellently and cuts out the radio input and uses the cars speaker system . The car has the carver amp with DSP fitted and ten speakers . And the multi changer all works as it should .

I have retro fitted cruise control and steering wheel controls and did the red needle conversion on the clocks and a big thank you must go to the forum for these mods as I wouldn't have known about doing these without this place , I also fitted two BMW cup holders .

I still have the old steering wheel and 2 spare gear knobs ( one is brand new) if the ZHP doesn't please .

The car has standard bottle top wheels that are in excellent condition with run flat tyres, hardly any marks on the rims at all and the tyres are all good with 5 mm plus remaining ( if not more ) . With these wheels and tyres the ride is exceptional. Compared to other cars I have driven mine is way and above much more comfortable, yes I know the wheels aren't as desirable but the cost of tyres and ride comfort are . I check the suspension last year as I wondered if anything had gone soft or was worn , but it's all in excellent condition and working as it should , and it was lazer align checked at the same time . The spare set of 104's shown are now gone and i cant remove the images but a second set of wheels is also included in the price, as set out in the service history last entry

Car had its MOT in April and I have all the books paperwork and receipts to go with the service book. All the manuals etc and the BMW leather folder , and sales broucher and of course 2 keys , plus old mots, and tax discs ( not all the tax discs ) , and the receipts for the bits and pieces I have added . Yes loads of paperwork .

I'm sure you guys will pipe up and tell me I am steep with the price, ( yes I except that ) but from what I've seen and experienced in buying these cars my price may seem on the high side, but you pay for what you get as they say.

I will add more pictures when I figure out how to load more than 4 .

I am just outside of Aylesbury and I don't think anyone coming to view will be disappointed with this cars condition, infact some members have been to my old house for roof motor work and all have commented on the cars condition .

I'm looking for 4999.00 for this car , which includes the 104's and a brand new refurbed ( stripped and dipped inside and out ) set of either MV2's or 107's, both sets with good tyres.

07771847714 Bryan

So here we are a 2003 Z4 2.5i SE with the following
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.19 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.18 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (117.29 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (132.78 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
Last edited by Dietcokeman on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Dietcokeman

FS: 2003 2.5i

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:07 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (146.42 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (137.25 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (132.13 KiB) Viewed 1695 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.27 KiB) Viewed 1695 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:10 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (113.64 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.4 KiB) Viewed 1693 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:11 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (122.67 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.29 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (120.24 KiB) Viewed 1692 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (114.77 KiB) Viewed 1692 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:13 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (107.38 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (144.1 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (96.41 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (115.9 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:14 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.89 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.87 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (118.32 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (109.32 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:15 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (141.86 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (80.24 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (76.74 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (91.41 KiB) Viewed 1691 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (88.05 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (68.5 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (70.09 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:18 pm

More pictures
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (80.15 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (129.73 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (139.31 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Fri May 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Last ones
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (128.18 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (140.53 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (105.98 KiB) Viewed 1690 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (132.78 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Ok having just bought an E89 this beauty is back up for sale. I have added info the the original listing as the car has just been serviced today by an independent and also had all the discs and pads replaced, and two near rear springs fitted. I have also now sold the extra 104s in the listing but cant seem to take the photos off, but the option of another set of freshly refurbed never fitted wheels with good non run flats on is added. Either 107's with goodyear F1's or MV2's with Uniroyals rear {new} and part worn vdreds front. Both sets are refurbished in silver, and never fitted.

I won't be taking silly offers, I will really be sad to see this go,but i'd rather keep it than undersell an exceptional example like this, but any new owner will not be sorry about buying this car, its a cracker.
Last edited by Dietcokeman on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:03 pm

Peachy, looks a beaut. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Dietcokeman

Post by Dietcokeman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:08 am

Ok so Z number 3 is being collected on Saturday so time to say goodby to this stunning example .

huytonman

Post by huytonman » Mon May 08, 2017 4:27 pm

I've been thinking of buying another Z4 for a while and was focused on looking for an E89 when Bryans sales post for his car caught my eye. Bear in mind that I've already owned two 2.5 Z4's and wanted something different I decided to take a look anyway to see if the car was as good as described.

WOW!

I'll say that again... WOW!

Bryan was worried that he had over exagerated the cars condition and I can firmly confirm that if anything he is being too modest. If this car was 12 months old and had 5k miles on the clock it wouldnt have surprised me. The bodywork is excellent, the wheels/tyres/brakes all perfect. The hood and its operation - perfect and the interior condition is incredible, plus with the additions made by Bryan such as the multi-function steering wheel, cruise control, remote hood closing etc it has everything that you could want from a roadster. I drove the car and mechancially its tight as a drum and ultra smooth.

That meet up and the knowledge that Bryan is super thorough and knows the Z4 inside out really had me doubting whether I should spend a lot more money on a newer car that most likley wont be as good in terms of ownership as this one. At the price its unbelievable.

If you are thinking of a first gen Z4 you really should get yourself around to look at this one - its going to make somebody very happy I can gurantee that.

Good luck Bryan and thanks for the enjoyable talk about cars and bikes.

Keith