Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

BMW tech crashed my car! What would you do?

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
Johnh1976

Post by Johnh1976 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:51 pm

When the DP told me that after being repaired it would be worth the same I told him then he could buy it and sell it on as approved then!
Don't worry I will be just as interested as others to see if it pops up on the approved web site and will of coarse warn the forum :thumbsup:
Previous Z4 3.0se auto with failed roof motor :headbang: 2009 Z4 3.0 sdrive auto :2016 TTS roadster

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:45 am

Johnh1976 wrote:When the DP told me that after being repaired it would be worth the same I told him then he could buy it and sell it on as approved then!
Don't worry I will be just as interested as others to see if it pops up on the approved web site and will of coarse warn the forum :thumbsup:
Can I suggest you keep your powder dry at this stage of negotiations with the DP .
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Without giving too much away, how are things progressing?

VRSteve

Post by VRSteve » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:42 pm

Some of the drivel spouted on this thread is laughable.

Entitled to a new car (Really?)
CAT D write off
Entitled to the moon on a stick
Threatening the DP before hearing his offer
"The forum is watching" (who cares, its hardly pistonheads is it)

Unbelievable.

OP choose the advice you take carefully, some of these jokers don't have a clue.

I hope you get it resolved in a FAIR manner.
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:33 pm

VRSteve wrote:Some of the drivel spouted on this thread is laughable.

CAT D write off

Unbelievable.

OP choose the advice you take carefully, some of these jokers don't have a clue.

Nice response :thumbsdown: ... if you're such a sage of good advice perhaps you could offer something a little more constructive
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

VRSteve

Post by VRSteve » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:34 am

mr.tourette wrote:

CAT D write off

Unbelievable.

Nice response :thumbsdown: ... if you're such a sage of good advice perhaps you could offer something a little more constructive
No need

The OP has done the right thing, sat down with the DP and come to what seems like a fair agreement regarding the car.
I'm sure if the OP wasn't happy with the outcome we'd have heard by now.
///M|Silver Grey|Black Leather|BT|Nav|DSP|Heated Seats|PDC|Stubby|Turner Limiters|Turner Rear Top Mounts|Bilstein B12|Powerflex ARB Bushes|Powerflex Lollipops|M-Track|
SOLD

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Post by MACK » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:57 am

mr.tourette wrote:

CAT D write off

Unbelievable.

+1
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)

Johnh1976

Post by Johnh1976 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:15 pm

UPDATE!

So things have finally come to a head today and I got a good outcome :thumbsup:

So I have been in Coopers courtesy car now for almost 3 weeks and 2 k worth of driving whilst they tried to source me a suitable replacement. I did find a good example of a 2016 car with 4.5k miles and a good spec for 24.5k from a Sytner garage. Unfortunately Sytner refused to trade with Coopers insisting they would only sell to me. However I did use this car as the benchmark vehicle of what I would accept! Unfortunately even fellow Cooper garages with good examples would not lower their prices or offer any discounts to Cooper Chelmsford.
The Dealer principal today offered to the buy car back off me today for the full £21.7k I paid for it so I can now search myself, needless to say I accepted :D
So a big thumbs up to Cooper Chelmsford :thumbsup:

Think I might now wait for a six month M140
Previous Z4 3.0se auto with failed roof motor :headbang: 2009 Z4 3.0 sdrive auto :2016 TTS roadster

Grumpyowl
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Grumpyowl » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:38 pm

Johnh1976 wrote:UPDATE!

So things have finally come to a head today and I got a good outcome :thumbsup:

So I have been in Coopers courtesy car now for almost 3 weeks and 2 k worth of driving whilst they tried to source me a suitable replacement. I did find a good example of a 2016 car with 4.5k miles and a good spec for 24.5k from a Sytner garage. Unfortunately Sytner refused to trade with Coopers insisting they would only sell to me. However I did use this car as the benchmark vehicle of what I would accept! Unfortunately even fellow Cooper garages with good examples would not lower their prices or offer any discounts to Cooper Chelmsford.
The Dealer principal today offered to the buy car back off me today for the full £21.7k I paid for it so I can now search myself, needless to say I accepted :D

Think I might now wait for a six month M140
Good result for you, enjoy your search for your new car :thumbsup:

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:42 pm

Result, albeit it a lot of inconvenience
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm pleased with your result!
You're a free agent with cash in hand at the moment.

Did you ask what happened to the "tech" ?
I think it's fair to say that if you do buy from them and have it serviced with them, they will be ultra carefull !

john-e89
Lifer
Lifer

Post by john-e89 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:28 pm

ronk wrote:I'm pleased with your result!
You're a free agent with cash in hand at the moment.

Did you ask what happened to the "tech" ?
I think it's fair to say that if you do buy from them and have it serviced with them, they will be ultra carefull !
Yep surely this is THE place to get a BM serviced, can you imagine the pep talk they'll have had in the workshop.. :lol:

Great result OP, sort of, lots of hassle and you've now got to find another car but still, could have been a lot worse I imagine. :thumbsup:
M roady...OEM CSL’s, strut brace, Remus back boxes, ZHP
MR2 MK 2
E89 35i project car...mapped 365bhp, M4 stoppers & wheels, KWV3’s, H&R front ARB, M3 front arms, strut brace Eisenmann cat back race exhaust, VRSF downpipes inbound
E89 35is
G29

Johnh1976

Post by Johnh1976 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Tech still has his job, whether the sales manager was telling the truth or not I don't know, but he told me today they have never had this happen before and he has never had to buy back a car for the same amount of money with an additional 4K miles etc and he admitted that although they have had accidents which were not their fault this is the first time a tech has done it on his own.
Personally I'm glad he kept it and hopefully now all customers cars will be treated super carefully :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stuartinzg

Post by stuartinzg » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:02 pm

Johnh1976 wrote:UPDATE!
I think this is the minimum acceptable outcome.

You had all that agro, time wasted, etc. Glad they did it, but at the end of the day, you were the customer, who trusted them.

Great outcome but I wouldn't go recommending them off the back of that.

Hope you get the 140i !
35iS, Black/Coral Red, 19" BBS CH-R/MPSS, Eiback Pro Springs, CoolCarbon Performance Pads, Golf T, Stubby, LED 80w halo's, X6 tips, CarPro CQuartz, Custom painted accessories

Johnh1976

Post by Johnh1976 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:14 pm

Yes I guess it's difficult to recommend but legally all they had to do was repair the car. Considering possible horrible outcomes it's nice to know that there are some benefits from dealing with a franchised dealer. I had a lot of fun in the little M135i for just fuel money and drove over 2k miles in their 316d touring so can't complain. Lots of stress though :cry: so hope nobody else has the same problem, but if they do, they can use this experience to help them :thumbsup: