Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Darren Wood Ltd - Stockport

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
edg3

Post by edg3 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Another recommendation for Darren Wood Ltd.

My new to me ///M was due a brake fluid change, thought I'd use the opportunity to sound them out for any bigger work in the future; walked away feeling positive. Friendly guys and honest too based on conversations I overheard them having with other customers.

As an aside, on top of the brake fluid service, I had a query about the telephone system.

I bought the ///M two weeks ago and although I was given a laminate card with the Bluetooth passcode on, it didn't work. Thinking that the seller (who deals in various ///M cars) might have given me the wrong card I took it to my local BMW dealer (Halliwell Jones in Chester) who plugged it into their diagnostics, and eventually came back to tell me that the TMC has an error, and would need (chargeable) fault diagnostics and clearing before they could get the complete code, however their system had managed to get 123- (numbers obfuscated), where the dash was the missing fourth digit, and that they'd not seen this before and would need to investigate.

I told Mike at Darren Wood this and he grabbed his diagnostics system to take a look. Within 30 seconds he had the code on his machine, 0123. I couldn't believe it when he gave me the code after what BMW had told me, all it needed was a zero before the number they read out! Must be that the BMW software isn't smart enough to know there must be four digits, and gets confused if it starts with a zero and treats it as a three digit number, either that or the monkey operating the machine didn't realise this!

Anyway, another thumbs up for Darren Wood :thumbsup:
Image Image
2006 Imola Red Z4M

JAD

Post by JAD » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:45 am

edg3 wrote:Another recommendation for Darren Wood Ltd.

My new to me ///M was due a brake fluid change, thought I'd use the opportunity to sound them out for any bigger work in the future; walked away feeling positive. Friendly guys and honest too based on conversations I overheard them having with other customers.

As an aside, on top of the brake fluid service, I had a query about the telephone system.

I bought the ///M two weeks ago and although I was given a laminate card with the Bluetooth passcode on, it didn't work. Thinking that the seller (who deals in various ///M cars) might have given me the wrong card I took it to my local BMW dealer (Halliwell Jones in Chester) who plugged it into their diagnostics, and eventually came back to tell me that the TMC has an error, and would need (chargeable) fault diagnostics and clearing before they could get the complete code, however their system had managed to get 123- (numbers obfuscated), where the dash was the missing fourth digit, and that they'd not seen this before and would need to investigate.

I told Mike at Darren Wood this and he grabbed his diagnostics system to take a look. Within 30 seconds he had the code on his machine, 0123. I couldn't believe it when he gave me the code after what BMW had told me, all it needed was a zero before the number they read out! Must be that the BMW software isn't smart enough to know there must be four digits, and gets confused if it starts with a zero and treats it as a three digit number, either that or the monkey operating the machine didn't realise this!

Anyway, another thumbs up for Darren Wood :thumbsup:
Have you just bought the epic looking car that was on Autotrader? I recognise the photos?

edg3

Post by edg3 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:32 pm

JAD wrote: Have you just bought the epic looking car that was on Autotrader? I recognise the photos?
Yep! Almost three weeks ago now (time flies). It wasn't quite as perfect as the photos made out, a few minor flaws, but for something that's 10 years old that hasn't been a garage queen the signs of use it does have are acceptable.
Image Image
2006 Imola Red Z4M