Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New Indi in Chester

Whether it's exceptional service or a bad experience, post them here. (Disclaimer: posters views are their own and not that of z4-forum.com)
maxman

New Indi in Chester

Post by maxman » Thu May 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Jones13 wrote:Quick update. Popped down to see them today to be told that as long as the shims arrive in the morning, it should be ready for tomorrow afternoon. Don't know how many valves needed adjusting but they said the price for an inspection 2 and valves will be around £750 which i didn't think was too bad.
Also picked up some rear wheel bearings for £88 while i was down there from ECP.
Ask for a report sheet of clearance before and after adjustments.

edg3

New Indi in Chester

Post by edg3 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:28 pm

Fyi these guys did a valve clearance check on mine and adjusted one, although they couldn't tell me any before or after measurements; just that they are within spec.

I'll be honest I didn't get a great feeling from the guys (plus they left the bodywork covered in grease/oil) and it won't be going back there again - I'll take it elsewhere in future.

edit: autocorrect
Last edited by edg3 on Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
2006 Imola Red Z4M

TR4man

New Indi in Chester

Post by TR4man » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:59 pm

edg3 wrote: I'll be honest I didn't get a great feeling from the guys (plus they left the bodywork converted grease/oil) and it won't be going back there again - I'll take it elsewhere in future.
That's interesting because mine also had oily fingerprints on the front wings a bonnet when it was serviced earlier this year. I can't fault the service they did, but the fingerprints are enough to put me off using them again.
2006 E86 Si Sport as a daily driver.

edg3

New Indi in Chester

Post by edg3 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:05 pm

That's pretty much my thoughts, I don't doubt the work they've done under the bonnet is correct and well-done, they get a lot of praise in general, but they don't seem to treat the vehicles they service with much care externally. I understand they don't have a formal cleaning/valet service in place, I don't expect them to either, however general cleanliness and care is expected; and they underperform on that count.
Image Image
2006 Imola Red Z4M

Jones13

New Indi in Chester

Post by Jones13 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:26 am

Small update. As I've mentioned previously, I've recently had an insp2 done there. Was told 10 valves needed adjusting but couldn't give me the figures. On a good note, recently found out that there was a small leak from rocker cover so they replaced it for free a couple of months later. Still unsure about the place though to be honest.

maxman

New Indi in Chester

Post by maxman » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Just had an Inspection 2 service carried out there ,£260 with me supplying the oil.Work carried out on time with excellent comunication . :thumbsup: .This was £100 cheaper than the indie I normally use.